Guru error trying to run Mac OSX Sierra 10.12

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
DeeStrike

Guru error trying to run Mac OSX Sierra 10.12

Post by DeeStrike »

I am using the latest version of VBox. This is stressing me out. I need it up and running so that i can use swift. I will add the log ASAP. The forum is saying that the file is too big... I am new to virtualbox. Much help would be appreciated!
Attachments
Guru_Meditation Snippet.txt
Do tell if this is not enough
(777 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guru error trying to run Mac OSX Sierra 10.12

Post by socratis »

DeeStrike wrote:Do tell if this is not enough
It's not enough. We're going to need to see a complete VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
DeeStrike

Post by DeeStrike »

OK, done and done, here yo go!
Attachments
MacOS-2018-09-29-09-37-19.zip
Is this better? :)
(62.12 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

Moving from "OSX Hosts" to "OSX Guests".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.