Where do I get Linux ISOs?

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
kevinn

Where do I get Linux ISOs?

Post by kevinn »

bin absoluter Anfänger, und möchte eine Virtualbox mit Linux erstellen.

1.frage:

Wo finde ich die ISO Dateien? möchte auswählen!
Last edited by socratis on 26. Aug 2018, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to something more appropriate.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Where do I get Linux ISOs?

Post by socratis »

I changed the title from "Linux" to "Where do I get Linux ISOs?". The original title was not describing the situation appropriately.
would like to create a VirtualBox with Linux ... Where can I find the ISO files?
You go to a (favorite?) Linux distribution and find the ISOs. I'd start with something simple, like Mint or Ubuntu.

You sound like a fairly new user to VirtualBox. Since you are expected to know some basic terms before we engage in a meaningful discussion, I would suggest to start by reading three small chapters from the User Manual: Or even better, read the whole chapter 1. First steps.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
kevinn

Post by kevinn »

are there finished linux virtualbox? downloading and finished?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

If you download an ISO, you need to create a VM and install it. I gave you the link to read the "First steps" in creating and starting a VM...

If you're looking for pre-made VMs, there are some out there. I can't suggest anything specific. I always install my VMs from the ISOs, a clean install.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
kevinn

Post by kevinn »

Have download Linux Mint ISO

Now i have Green Screen, i dont know why! Can somebody make a youtube video how to install linux mint!