Virtualbox disk full need very fast answer

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Orgy

Virtualbox disk full need very fast answer

Post by Orgy »

hallo mein speicher ist voll habe nur eine 128gb ssd eingebaut, soll ich mir eine externe dazu kaufen? und welche ssd sind sauteuer?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox disk full need very fast answer

Post by socratis »

DeepL translator wrote:hello my storage is full only have a 128gb ssd built in, should i buy an external one too? and which ssd are expensive?
Running from an external HD is going to be slower. Even an external SSD is limited by the USB3 bandwidth. Which one? I don't really know.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Orgy

Post by Orgy »

i would like to buy 4tb or 8tb so i have in future no problems=?

i can only make 3-4 virtualbox machines and than disk is full...

i think i will buy an external HD with 4TB, i will see how it works if its too slow it doesnt matter, 4tb will cost 100€ and 8tb 180€

ssd is too expensive i think

if i buy 4tb i will think it is enough, 100€ or 8tb 180for €

if I connect the hard disk, then virtualbox recognizes the new memory or can I select where virtualbox should be stored?

because than i have one with 128gb ssd and one with 4tb HDD
Orgy

Post by Orgy »

socratis wrote:
DeepL translator wrote:hello my storage is full only have a 128gb ssd built in, should i buy an external one too? and which ssd are expensive?
Running from an external HD is going to be slower. Even an external SSD is limited by the USB3 bandwidth. Which one? I don't really know.
i will work with the new hdd...which one can you tell me, so 2-8tb can you tell me one good extern hd which i can work with, you understand?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

1. Please do NOT send me personal messages about issues. That's NOT what they're for.
  2. Pick a hard drive that suits your needs. I do not know your needs, you do.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Orgy

Post by Orgy »

ok sir thank you

can close this threads or delete if possible because nonsense thread
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

No thread is nonsense ;)
Threads stay in case that someone wants to search for similar information in the future.