Screen resolution/Xcode installation

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Aldo55

Screen resolution/Xcode installation

Post by Aldo55 »

Hi, I'm very new to all this and I have installed Virtualbox and I'm having a couple of issues after installing macos x. Just to explain a little why I am setting up a VM, I have an idea for an app and I need a mac to do it on.
Firstly, I can't get the resolution to fit my monitor for my Mac to fit on my screen. I've tried everything. I have Youtubed and read everything and the message I'm getting is that my Mac which is in/on my win 10 and I'm the host, and that means I can't get vbox guest additions installed and working properly, because I'm not the guest. Is this right or am I doing something wrong? and,
Secondly, when I try to intall xcode it gives a message that I can't install because mac version needs be older than what is installed in the virtualbox, before you sayanything I updated VB to the new version 5.14 and it still does the same as 5.12.
I hope this all makes sense and I hope someone knows the the answer to these riddles. Thanks Aldo
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Screen resolution/Xcode installation

Post by socratis »

I split your post from the thread "MacOS Guest Additions - What does / doesn't work in 2018?", your questions did not really fit in.

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Login / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Aldo55

Post by Aldo55 »

Hi Socratis, I copy and pasted into a notepad file. I hope it's ok? Aldo
Attachments
VBox_log.rar
(25.37 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.