Guest additions and Androïd

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Dan77008

Guest additions and Androïd

Post by Dan77008 »

Hello,

Are "guest additions" available for Android 7.1 on windows 10?
How else solve the problem of copy / paste and share folder?

Thank you.
towo2099
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Android, Linux

Re: Guest additions and Androïd

Post by towo2099 »

No, there are no GA's for android and that's what you can read in the vbox manual.
Dan77008

Post by Dan77008 »

OK, too bad
thank you
jayram1408

Post by jayram1408 »

Are there any future plans to add support for Android OS on virtualbox as a guest machine? It obviously can not run VB on a Android device as a host. But is this in the works? If not may I ask why? :?:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

jayram1408 wrote:Are there any future plans to add support for Android OS on virtualbox as a guest machine?
I can't talk about the VirtualBox team, but judging from the changes in the source code, I can tell you that there's absolutely nothing to indicate such a move in the source code. Heck, OSX is listed as a supported guest and there are no Guest Additions. Or for Win9* for that matter.
jayram1408 wrote:If not may I ask why?
  • Lack of interest from customers that could afford to fund it.
  • Lack of effort to contribute in the source code from people that might want it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.