Virtualbox Windows 10 error when initiate a VM - Error In supR3HardNtChildWaitFor

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
marcoAntonioGomes

Re: Virtualbox Windows 10 error when initiate a VM - Error In supR3HardNtChildWaitFor

Post by marcoAntonioGomes »

Hello follow my version of windows10
versaoWin.png
versaoWin.png (16.08 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
doctorz1026

Re: Virtualbox Windows 10 error when initiate a VM - Error In supR3HardNtChildWaitFor

Post by doctorz1026 »

Ignore my previous post about System Restore. A reboot is all that's necessary.

I can duplicate the problem with these steps:
1. Fire up Oracle VM VirtualBox - note 1 VirtualBox.exe process running.
2. Start a VM (mine is Ubuntu) - note 4 VirtualBox.exe processes running.
3. Insert a USB device (I've tried 2 different flash drives and an iPhone).
4. Remove USB device.
5. Shut down VM - it will not restart at this point.
6. Shut down VirtualBox - note 1 VirtualBox.exe remains and it can't be killed.
7. Shut down computer - it's necessary to force a power off (presumably because of the VirtualBox.exe process.
8. VirtualBox will work properly after restarting.

I'm using the USB 2.0 driver with no filters. The problem is even worse with "Any USD device" filter.
Attachments
VirtualBox zombie.jpg
VirtualBox zombie.jpg (93.32 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

doctorz1026 wrote:3. Insert a USB device (I've tried 2 different flash drives and an iPhone).
4. Remove USB device.
5. Shut down VM - it will not restart at this point.
6. Shut down VirtualBox - note 1 VirtualBox.exe remains and it can't be killed.
When did these steps became a part of the problem? I don't remember anything about USB devices. Are you on the same topic still?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Wanderlei
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Linux

Post by Wanderlei »

Hello MarcoAntonio and Socratis

I guess MarcoAntonio have a similar situation like mine. It looks that the Windows update messed up and I don't know what happened, but it looks Windows was updated the version and the build remained the same.

On the left, a machine that was updated normally and to the right of my machine.
dee2988f-93d3-4859-a28a-4fa435789dce.jpg
dee2988f-93d3-4859-a28a-4fa435789dce.jpg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
I noticed that because I haven't found some features introduced in the 1803 version, like "device security" that I talked to socratis in the irc channel.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104 ... -10-a.html

So I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded the "Windows 10 Upgrade" and manually executed
https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/softwar ... /windows10

After finished upgrade, my version is exactly the same as the image of the left machine in the image mentioned above image

But unfortunately, even uninstalling VirtualBox and cleaning the Windows registry the VirtualBox still not working. The same error occurs.
marcoAntonioGomes

hello, I think I understand your explanation Wanderlei, really, I also noticed that my colleagues who use windows 10 had increased functionality in the opercaional system soon after the update, these features did not appear in mine, even the system informing me that it is fully updated. And now how will we deal with such a problem?
Wanderlei

Post by Wanderlei »

Hello, Antonio Gomes! If I had time, I would like to format my computer to try to see if VirtualBox would work again, but unfortunately I do not have the time.
I'll wait and see if @socratis can figure something out, because the error that VirtualBox is not very clear.
Last edited by socratis on 24. May 2018, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Have you tried downloading and running the Windows Update Troubleshooter to see if it fixes anything and allows you to upgrade properly to v1803?

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Wanderlei

Post by Wanderlei »

Hello @andyp73.
No I didn't! But I've upgraded manually and worked fine.
Last edited by socratis on 28. May 2018, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

News?!
any solution?
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Ok, news for you guys!

Recently one friend had problems for play games. This friend updated nothing in his computer.
Suddenly his mouse stoped work, and he cant play the game.
We was talking about what can do this thing, and someone asked about the Internet banking software.

I tried all the solutions suggested by @socratis, but nothing worked.
So i removed the internet banking web extension, and also removed the "Gas/Warsaw Software" (many internet bankings use this program).
And finally Virtual Box work again.

Maybe this solve the problems for @marcoAntonioGomes and @Wanderlei.
Since we all brazilian, probably we all have this internet banking software installed.
How remove the Gas/Warsaw software

Hope it help someone. :D
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox Win10: E_FAIL (0x80004005)

Post by socratis »

@Fanatic
That's why we say to try different things besides the known ones that are most often seen in hardening cases:
socratis wrote:But before that, please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas.

Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your common sense...
Thanks for the info and the feedback!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
marcoAntonioGomes

Fanatic, it is believed that for me solved too, I also had this Gas Warsaw Software installed as well. Like, I did not even use the internet bankig program on the PC, but for years this business is installed on my PC, I would never think it could be it, thank you Fanatic for sharing the solution. Thank you all for your help. I am immensely grateful to you.
Wanderlei

Post by Wanderlei »

Hello

I've uninstalled "Gas Warsaw Software" and tried to run Virtual Box and worked fine. But after I install "Gas Warsaw Software" again the same error occurs in VirtualBox.

I cannot uninstall "Gas Warsaw Software" because I need to access internet banking.

Is possible to install using "DianosticoBB.exe" from https://seg.bb.com.br/home.html

Best Regards
Wanderlei
Wanderlei

Post by Wanderlei »

Hello Guys!

@socratis @Fanatic @marcoAntonioGomes

I contacted Diebold Nixdorf on Facebook and they will take a look the reason for the incompatibility with VirtualBox.
Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/DieboldNixdorf ... 9886069480

Best Regards
Wanderlei
capivarao

Post by capivarao »

Thanks a lot,

I uninstalled the gas warsaw and now everything is working fine. Very upset with this banking software issue