[gelöst] Gemeinsame Order nach WIN 10 Update tot

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Ess IT

[gelöst] Gemeinsame Order nach WIN 10 Update tot

Post by Ess IT »

Moin zusammen,

also ich nutze Virtualbox seit mehreren Jahren, habe div. VMs im Einsatz.

Auf meiner wichtigsten Maschine, auf welcher auch WIN 10 läuft, geht nun seit dem letzten Update (sprich gerade) nichts mehr. Schon bei dem Update davor gab es Probleme, sodass ich in der virt. Maschine, dann gleich mal die Updates deaktiviert habe.

Aber, MickeySoft wäre nicht MickeySoft, wenn einfach gewisse Dinge übersteuert würden - ergo: beim letzten Herunterfahren hat er natürlich trotzdem das Update gefahren. :evil:

Nochmal kurz zusammengefasst:
- die Maschine lief mit dem gemeinsamen Order über mehrere Jahre
--> der gemeinsame Order ist eine weitere (pysik.) Festplatte in meinem Rechner (hier E:)
- Versionen sind:
--> Virtualbox 5.2.8
--> Extension Pack 5.2.8 - deinstalliert und neu installiert
--> VBoxGuestAdditions 5.2.8 - eingebunden

Interessant ist, dass ich die GuestAdditions nicht ausführen kann. Wenn ich also in der VM auf das digit. optische Laufwerk (D:) der GuestAdditions klicke, dann öffnet sich dieses erstmal normal. Sobald ich aber auf VBoxWindowsAdditions klicke, kommt zuerst noch das bekannte Fensterchen mit "Möchten Sie zulassen, dass..." und sobald ich das mit Ja bestätige, erscheint folgende Fehlermeldung:

D:\VBoxWindowsAdditions-amd64.exe
Dateisystemfehler (-1073741819)

Ich finde dazu im Internet nichts. :(

Für Tipps und Anregungen wäre ich sehr dankbar!

Gruß
Alex
Last edited by Ess IT on 4. May 2018, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Gemeinsame Order nach WIN 10 Update tot

Post by mpack »

Please post a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" and "VBoxHardening.log" to a zip, and attach the zip here.
Ess IT

Post by Ess IT »

Here you go ...

Thx 4 help so far!
Attachments
VM.zip
(137.6 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Taking a later point first :-
Ess IT wrote: Interessant ist, dass ich die GuestAdditions nicht ausführen kann. Wenn ich also in der VM auf das digit. optische Laufwerk (D:) der GuestAdditions klicke, dann öffnet sich dieses erstmal normal. Sobald ich aber auf VBoxWindowsAdditions klicke, kommt zuerst noch das bekannte Fensterchen mit "Möchten Sie zulassen, dass..." und sobald ich das mit Ja bestätige, erscheint folgende Fehlermeldung:
The log shows :-
00:00:02.619488 File system of 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions_5.2.8.iso' (DVD) is ntfs
That is not a standard file name, I guess it has simply been renamed. How are you mounting the GAs ISO? The normal way would be to use "Devices | Insert Guest Additions CD..." (I don't know what the German version will be), but that would not find renamed files.

On the initial problem, I thought this would be due to hardening after the update, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Incidentally, were you referring to an update of the host, or in the VM, or both?

If a VM update, and if it's a major update, then it would be normal to have to uninstall and then reinstall the GAs, but I'd try to remove that confusion of which GAs are mounted.
Ess IT

Post by Ess IT »

Ok, I solved the problem by myself, with the help of a buddy.

First of all, I musst add the following information:
  • I found out, that the GA installed on the VM, couldn't be removed anymore
  • I totally (Virtualbox, Ext. Pack and GA) updated to 5.2.10 in between, as nothing seemed to work, hoping to solve the problem this way - but it didn't work

Now the steps we did, to solve the problem:

The way, the ISO is mounted, doesn't really matter to my opinion. But interessting was, that the mounted GA version was 5.2.8, but the installed version still was 5.1.28.

And the version 5.1.28 has huge problems, while the flag "Enable 3D Acceleration" is set, so I know now.

Solution:
  • shut down the VM, if started
  • disable the 3D acceleration
  • start the VM
  • go to "VirtualBox Guest Additions" folder in the VM and there run the "uninst.exe", which in my case only did the uninstall
  • then I was able to install the GA (5.2.10) properly
  • --> everything works fine again
Thx so far and good luck to every1.

Regards
Alex
mpack
Site Moderator

Re: [gelöst] Gemeinsame Order nach WIN 10 Update tot

Post by mpack »

Thanks for reporting back.

The method of mounting the GAs CD does matter, because the version mismatch could not have happened if the instructions given in the user manual was followed. You should never use Guest Additions that are newer than the host software.

However, all that is now water under the bridge. I will mark the topic as Solved (in fact I see someone already did).