VirtualBox-5.2.11-122401 fails to compile on Debian Unstable Kernel-4.17.0-rc3-amd64

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
mfelker
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Multiple

VirtualBox-5.2.11-122401 fails to compile on Debian Unstable Kernel-4.17.0-rc3-amd64

Post by mfelker »

See attachments. I just found that kernel 4.17 was in Debian Experimental so naturally ... FWIW VMware WS 14.1.1 works perfectly :lol:
Attachments
vbox-install.zip
(24.45 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox-5.2.11-122401 fails to compile on Debian Unstable Kernel-4.17.0-rc3-amd64

Post by socratis »

I don't recall that VirtualBox was set for the experimental 4.17 kernel. Yet. And there's a meaning to the word "Unstable", no? :lol:

FWIW... I couldn't care less what VMWare does or doesn't do, I'm on OSX, I can't use it... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: VirtualBox-5.2.11-122401 fails to compile on Debian Unstable Kernel-4.17.0-rc3-amd64

Post by socratis »

I took a look at the errors and the error in "PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT", rang a bell... And indeed the bells in my head were correct! Here it is, from the developer's mailing list, on 2018-04-16, Patch to fix kernel API changes in 4.17:
The change is that pci_get_bus_and_slot() has been removed in favor of pci_get_domain_bus_and_slot(). It appears that VirtualBox only uses domain number 0, thus pci_get_domain_bus_and_slot(0, bus, devfn) is a suitable replacement for pci_get_bus_and_slot(bus, devfn).
and in answer to that:
Thanks! , it fixes the build with kernel-4.17.0-rc2.git1 and vbox 5.2.10 (last release)
So, if you compile your own VirtualBox, you could apply the above patch and be a happy camper, or an alpha-tester, whatever makes you happier. ;)

If not, keep an eye in the Timeline for when the patch lands, if and when it passes all the required tests (i.e. it doesn't break anything existing). Clear the "Opened and closed tickets" flag in the Timeline for a more concentrated view.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
moretti

kernel release candidates?

Post by moretti »

Hi, I don't really use RC kernels on my day to day basis, but for some reasons (instability with amdgpu) I ended up depending on linux 4.17rc3 for my desktop, since it's the only kernel that:
1) finally gave me stability with my GPU
2) didn't force me to use radeon driver
3) didn't force me to manually compile it, since the packages are already available from ubuntu ppa

long story short: virtual box doesn't compile and complains the kernel is not supported.

How long does it usually take for VBirtualBox to support rc kernels?

I'm on 4.16.7 right now to be able to use VB, but I can't leave it on because it hangs randomly while idle, and sometimes it will simply hang for no reason when I'm using it.
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: kernel release candidates?

Post by socratis »

moretti wrote:virtual box doesn't compile and complains the kernel is not supported.
Are you compiling your own VirtualBox? Is so, I'm moving this to the "OSE" section (for Open Source Edition) from the "Linux Hosts" section.

Not sure what's not supported. A report like "it gives me an error" isn't that helpful at all I'm afraid. Check to see if this thread might help you, otherwise you'll have to wait for the trunk to be updated.
moretti

Post by moretti »

oh my... I just realized I posted a very incomplete question. My apologies.

I'm installing from the .deb package I downloaded from Oracle VBox official site.

The error occurs when the install script tries to compile the kernel modules

Code: Select all

test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (		\
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";		\
echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";	\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
mkdir -p /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.modinst
  mkdir -p /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc ; cp /tmp/vbox.0/vboxdrv.ko /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc ; true /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxdrv.ko ; scripts/sign-file "sha512" "certs/signing_key.pem" certs/signing_key.x509 /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxdrv.ko || true && true /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxdrv.ko
At main.c:160:
- SSL error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory: ../crypto/bio/bss_file.c:74
- SSL error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file: ../crypto/bio/bss_file.c:81
sign-file: certs/signing_key.pem: No such file or directory
  /bin/bash ./scripts/depmod.sh /sbin/depmod 4.17.0-041700rc3-generic ""
make V=1 CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= -C /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build SUBDIRS=/tmp/vbox.0 SRCROOT=/tmp/vbox.0 -j16 modules
make[1]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";	\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
mkdir -p /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_versions/*
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=/tmp/vbox.0
(cat /dev/null;   echo kernel//tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.ko;) > /tmp/vbox.0/modules.order
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/linux/.VBoxNetFlt-linux.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"VBoxNetFlt_linux"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetflt"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetFlt-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetFlt-linux.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxNetFlt.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"VBoxNetFlt"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetflt"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetFlt.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetFlt.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.SUPR0IdcClient.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"SUPR0IdcClient"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetflt"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"SUPR0IdcClientComponent"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetflt"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/linux/.SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"SUPR0IdcClient_linux"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetflt"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.c
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o";
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o"; fi; fi;
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o"; fi; fi;
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o"; fi; fi;
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetFlt.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetFlt.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetFlt.o"; fi; fi;
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetFlt-linux.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetFlt-linux.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetFlt-linux.o"; fi; fi;
  ld -m elf_x86_64 -z max-page-size=0x200000   -r -o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetFlt-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetFlt.o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o 
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.modpost
  find /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_versions -name '*.mod' | xargs -r grep -h '\.ko$' | sort -u | sed 's/\.ko$/.o/' | scripts/mod/modpost  -a -i ./Module.symvers -I /tmp/vbox.0/Module.symvers  -o /tmp/vbox.0/Module.symvers -S  -w  -s -T -
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.vboxnetflt.mod.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"vboxnetflt.mod"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetflt"' -DMODULE  -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.mod.o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.mod.c
  ld -r -m elf_x86_64 -z max-page-size=0x200000 -T ./scripts/module-common.lds --build-id  -o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.ko /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.mod.o ;  true
make V=1 CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= -C /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build SUBDIRS=/tmp/vbox.0 SRCROOT=/tmp/vbox.0 INSTALL_MOD_PATH= INSTALL_MOD_DIR=misc modules_install
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
  mkdir -p /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc ; cp /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetflt.ko /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc ; true /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxnetflt.ko ; scripts/sign-file "sha512" "certs/signing_key.pem" certs/signing_key.x509 /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxnetflt.ko || true && true /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxnetflt.ko
- SSL error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory: ../crypto/bio/bss_file.c:74
- SSL error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file: ../crypto/bio/bss_file.c:81
make V=1 CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= -C /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build SUBDIRS=/tmp/vbox.0 SRCROOT=/tmp/vbox.0 -j16 modules
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
(cat /dev/null;   echo kernel//tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.ko;) > /tmp/vbox.0/modules.order
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/linux/.VBoxNetAdp-linux.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"VBoxNetAdp_linux"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetadp"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetAdp-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetAdp-linux.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxNetAdp.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"VBoxNetAdp"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetadp"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetAdp.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetAdp.c
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetAdp.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetAdp.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetAdp.o"; fi; fi;
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetAdp-linux.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetAdp-linux.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetAdp-linux.o"; fi; fi;
  ld -m elf_x86_64 -z max-page-size=0x200000   -r -o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxNetAdp-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxNetAdp.o 
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.modpost
  find /tmp/vbox.0/.tmp_versions -name '*.mod' | xargs -r grep -h '\.ko$' | sort -u | sed 's/\.ko$/.o/' | scripts/mod/modpost  -a -i ./Module.symvers -I /tmp/vbox.0/Module.symvers  -o /tmp/vbox.0/Module.symvers -S  -w  -s -T -
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.vboxnetadp.mod.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -Wno-declaration-after-statement -DRT_ARCH_AMD64 -DVBOX_WITH_64_BITS_GUESTS  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"vboxnetadp.mod"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxnetadp"' -DMODULE  -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.mod.o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.mod.c
  ld -r -m elf_x86_64 -z max-page-size=0x200000 -T ./scripts/module-common.lds --build-id  -o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.ko /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.o /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.mod.o ;  true
make V=1 CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= -C /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build SUBDIRS=/tmp/vbox.0 SRCROOT=/tmp/vbox.0 INSTALL_MOD_PATH= INSTALL_MOD_DIR=misc modules_install
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
  mkdir -p /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc ; cp /tmp/vbox.0/vboxnetadp.ko /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc ; true /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxnetadp.ko ; scripts/sign-file "sha512" "certs/signing_key.pem" certs/signing_key.x509 /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxnetadp.ko || true && true /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/misc/vboxnetadp.ko
echo >&2;							\
echo >&2 ;							\
/bin/false)
(cat /dev/null;   echo kernel//tmp/vbox.0/vboxpci.ko;) > /tmp/vbox.0/modules.order
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/linux/.VBoxPci-linux.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"VBoxPci_linux"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxpci"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.VBoxPci.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"VBoxPci"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxpci"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxPci.o /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxPci.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.SUPR0IdcClient.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"SUPR0IdcClient"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxpci"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/.SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"SUPR0IdcClientComponent"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxpci"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,/tmp/vbox.0/linux/.SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include -I./arch/x86/include -I./arch/x86/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/x86/include/uapi -I./arch/x86/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -fno-pie -DCONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -fno-PIE -fno-pie -no-pie -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -funit-at-a-time -DCONFIG_X86_X32_ABI -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -DCONFIG_AS_FXSAVEQ=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SSSE3=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CRC32=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX2=1 -DCONFIG_AS_AVX512=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA1_NI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_SHA256_NI=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern -mindirect-branch-register -DRETPOLINE -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow -Wno-int-in-bool-context -O2 --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fstack-protector-strong -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fno-var-tracking-assignments -pg -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=strict-prototypes -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -include /tmp/vbox.0/include/VBox/SUPDrvMangling.h -fno-pie -I/lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/build/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/ -I/tmp/vbox.0/include -I/tmp/vbox.0/r0drv/linux -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DRT_OS_LINUX -DIN_RING0 -DIN_RT_R0 -DIN_SUP_R0 -DVBOX -DRT_WITH_VBOX -DVBOX_WITH_HARDENING -DRT_ARCH_AMD64  -DMODULE  -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"SUPR0IdcClient_linux"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"vboxpci"' -c -o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.c
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o";
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClientComponent.o"; fi; fi;
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/linux/SUPR0IdcClient-linux.o"; fi; fi;
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/SUPR0IdcClient.o"; fi; fi;
   ./tools/objtool/objtool check  --module  --retpoline "/tmp/vbox.0/VBoxPci.o";
  if [ "-pg" = "-pg" ]; then if [ /tmp/vbox.0/VBoxPci.o != "scripts/mod/empty.o" ]; then ./scripts/recordmcount  "/tmp/vbox.0/VBoxPci.o"; fi; fi;
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c: In function ‘vboxPciLinuxDevDetachHostDriver’:
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c:92:40: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_get_bus_and_slot’; did you mean ‘pci_get_domain_bus_and_slot’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
 # define PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT(bus, devfn)  pci_get_bus_and_slot(bus, devfn)
                                        ^
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c:397:15: note: in expansion of macro ‘PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT’
     pPciDev = PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT(uBus, uDevFn);
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c:397:13: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
             ^
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c: In function ‘vboxPciOsDevInit’:
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c:648:17: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
         pPciDev = PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT((pIns->HostPciAddress) >> 8,
                 ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scripts/Makefile.build:312: recipe for target '/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.o' failed
make[2]: *** [/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.o] Error 1
Makefile:1574: recipe for target '_module_/tmp/vbox.0' failed
make[1]: *** [_module_/tmp/vbox.0] Error 2
/tmp/vbox.0/Makefile.include.footer:101: recipe for target 'vboxpci' failed
make: *** [vboxpci] Error 2
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

moretti wrote:
# define PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT(bus, devfn)  pci_get_bus_and_slot(bus, devfn)
                                        ^
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c:397:15: note: in expansion of macro ‘PCI_DEV_GET_SLOT’
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/tmp/vbox.0/linux/VBoxPci-linux.c:397:13: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
It's the same problem like the one I pointed you to. So, I'm merging the two topics. Oh, BTW, you're "moving" now to the "Beta/Release candidates", because that's where the original thread was. And there's a good reason for it; not even with the latest test builds this thing will run. Read the previous responses to get an idea.

And no, RC* is not supported, not for the Linux kernel, but for anything. If you want to use the latest version for your host/guests, you should also consider doing the same for VirtualBox. And expect a fail, a spectacular fail.
moretti

Post by moretti »

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll probably apply the patch to compile my own version.
Last edited by socratis on 3. May 2018, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@moretti
If you do apply the patch from the mailing list, and you do recompile VirtualBox, can you verify that it does work? And in that case (or the bad case scenario), I'll need complete and full details about your host, including the revisions, builds, dates, the whole kit and caboodle!!!!!

TIA.
moretti

Post by moretti »

This was the original patch
VBoxPci-linux_4.17.patch
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
I tried to apply the patch and compile but I also had to do some extra modifications in order to get it to compile in 4.17rc3:
vbox_ttm_4.17.patch
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
(This patch herein is provided under the MIT license)

I hope it helps someone else too. The modifications are quite simple, and it seems to be working OK.
I already have vagrant up and running.

My configuration:
Ubuntu 18.04LTS running kernel 4.17rc3, installed from the Ubuntu mainline kernel's ppa.
All the build tools are taken from the default 18.04LTS install. I don't have any custom package, except for the 4.17rc3 kernel.
Let me know which packages you want me to detail. I'm happy to help, and I'll send you all the details you need.

My compilation process was a little bit customized to speed up the process though:

Code: Select all

Apply first patch
patch -p1 < VBoxPci-linux_4.17.patch

Apply second patch for vbox_ttm
src/VBox/Additions/linux/drm/vbox_ttm.c
patch -p1 < vbox_ttm_4.17.patch

Install dependencies. From the virtualbox wiki: "Linux build instructions"
I completely ignored python-central, and had to install qt5 development packages from the ubuntu repositories: qttools5-dev-tools and qt5-default
I also installed libvpx-dev

Configure without x86 libs
./configure --with-mkisofs=/usr/bin/growisofs --disable-vmmraw --disable-hardening

Edit Config.kmk so JAVAC uses 1.6 instead of 1.5 since 1.5 is no longer supported. I'm using OpenJDK 10.0.1 (2018-04-17) from the Ubuntu repository.
Line 7217 VBOX_JAVAC_OPTS. Use source and target 1.6

Compile virtualbox:
source ./env.sh
kmk

Compile and install kernel modules:
cd out/linux.amd64/release/bin/src
make
sudo make install
sudo make load

cd ..
./Virtualbox

note that "make install" did not install the files in /lib/modules/4.17.0-041700rc3-generic/updates/dkms, so, after some testing and making sure that the above worked OK, I manually installed modules and ran depmod. Everything seems to be back to normal now.
Last edited by moretti on 4. May 2018, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

moretti,

Thanks a bunch for this! This thread is becoming more and more suitable for the "OSE" section of the forums, which is what I'm going to do; move it. Once again ;).

I'm not sure if you're in the developer's mailing list or not, but I'd strongly urge you to subscribe. It's a low (really) volume list, but I understand if you don't want to. You seem to know your way around the sources. One thing that you got to do if you want your patch to find its way in the sources is to "release it" under the MIT License. See: "How to contribute", one paragraph before the last one, in the "How to submit your contributions". No need to sign anything... Just edit your message and state that "This patch herein is provided under the MIT license". Done!

I'll alert the developers to this thread in any event.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Post by michael »

Thanks for the (now under MIT) patch! As Socratis said, it would be nice if it could go to the vbox-dev mailing list. It would also be nice if you could rebase it against the current subversion sources [1], as some of the changes are already in.

[1] https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads#ose
moretti

Post by moretti »

Thanks for the invitation. I cleaned up the patch a little bit. And yes, I have to try to apply it on the svn version and post it to the mailing list. I can't promise I'll get back to this before Sunday though, but at least I'll try to get it working on the weekend.