No audio and iPhone not recognised

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
zuccameme

No audio and iPhone not recognised

Post by zuccameme »

Hi there,

I am running Mac High Sierra on VB on my WIndows 10 PC for the purposes of using XCode and Swift. In order to practically work on iOS development, I need to be able to run test apps on my iPhone, however, it is not being recognised by the OSX. I have added it as a USB device and Virtual Box recognises when it is plugged in or not, but it's not showing as a listed device in the Mac OSX. Another problem is that despite having enable input and output audio for the virtual machine, I cannot even listen to a youtube video through the virtual machine and when I checked system preferences, it said that no output/input devices were found. I have the VB extension pack. I am not sure whether these are independent problems or whether they are related. I have uploaded the log file after shutting down the virtual machine.

Cheers
Attachments
logs.zip
logs
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: No audio and iPhone not recognised

Post by andyp73 »

VBox.log wrote:
00:00:01.306024 OS Product: Windows 10
00:00:01.306025 OS Release: 10.0.16299
00:00:01.306025 OS Service Pack: 
00:00:01.335940 DMI Product Name: 81B0
00:00:01.339876 DMI Product Version: Lenovo V330-14IKB
This tells us that you have a Windows 10 host system manufactured by Lenovo on which you are trying to run a macOS guest. This is both unsupported and a violation of Apple's Software License Agreement. This thread will shortly get locked by a site admin and you should then start to worry whether any knock at the door is representatives from a fruit based organisation in Cupertino.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.