Virtualbox slow performance

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
MacInRoll

Re: Virtualbox slow performance

Post by MacInRoll »

socratis wrote:Let it sit like that for a day or two. From virus scanning to indexing, a lot has to happen in a new system. Even a real one...
Nothing happened, only the viruses were deleted. I use Avast I did a full scan, but the Virtualbox is still running slowly.

I want to say one more thing:
I am using QEMU it is fast but the Virtualbox is slow. I think the Virtualbox program might be in problemy.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

MacInRoll wrote:I use Avast
Get rid of it. See if things change...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

So which one do I choose from antivirus programs?
Or if you say anything else, you can ask.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Your Win10 host came bundled with Windows Defender, written by people who know how to protect Windows without crippling it. Why not stick with that?

Before you answer: do bear in mind that the actual choice is your own business, and we are not here to debate the merits of various Windows software brands.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

In fact, when I was using Windows Defender, some programs could not be launched by Windows Defender and I could not use the programs that were important to me.
But thank you very much for your help. I'll try soon.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

mpack wrote:Your Win10 host came bundled with Windows Defender, written by people who know how to protect Windows without crippling it. Why not stick with that?

Before you answer: do bear in mind that the actual choice is your own business, and we are not here to debate the merits of various Windows software brands.
I ran a scan on Windows Defender, but Wndows Defender says "There is no threat." :roll:
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

I expect more messages ...
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

MacInRoll wrote:[I expect more messages ...
I have nothing to add to what I have already said. Look in the task list, find out what the problem is. I can't do it for you.
MacInRoll

Post by MacInRoll »

I have formatted the computer. Virtualbox's problem is now resolved. But thanks for helping! :) :) :) :) :)