Virtual XP game crashes

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Morganius

Virtual XP game crashes

Post by Morganius »

Hello!

I dont know if this is right forum, but I stumbled accross this problem once I tried to launch the game. I did run the starting cinematic, but as you may notice the text leaves tracks behind it. What could cause the problem here? :)
Attachments
Screenshot_331.png
Screenshot_331.png (22.51 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Virtual XP game crashes

Post by mpack »

There is no way for us to know what the problem is, it's the people who wrote "Battle.exe" that you'd have to ask about that. Basically, it crashed. Probably it makes some assumptions about the environment that aren't true.
Morganius

Post by Morganius »

Hmm...the thing is that this game is not old, but also very rare these days and probability of finding those, who made that .exe file, are slim to none sadly. I already spent roughly 8 months to find the original disk itself. Let alone then finding the developers.

It used to run on my old XP perfectly and this game is from the original. What could be wrong then in the environment?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Morganius wrote:What could be wrong then in the environment?
A gazillion of things. First of all, it's a virtual environment. So, if the game has high requirements (or even medium) for a GPU, you won't find them fulfilled in a VM.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.