Launchpad, Mission Control, Schreibtisch ohne Funktion

Allgemeine Diskussionen über den Einsatz von VirtualBox.
Tom_1971

Launchpad, Mission Control, Schreibtisch ohne Funktion

Post by Tom_1971 »

Hallo,

ich nutze Virtualbox 5.2.8 unter macOS High Sierra 10.13.3.

Sowohl Zusätze und Gasterweiterungen in der richtigen Version installiert.

Mein Problem: die Tasten "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Schreibtisch anzeigen" funktionieren nicht.

Die Tasten "Bildschirmschoner" und "Bildschirmsperre" funktionieren.

"Kann" Virtual Box das einfach nicht oder braucht es dafür eine spezielle Einstellung?

Ich habe bisher Parallele benutzt, da hat das alles ohne vorherige Einstellungen funktioniert.

Danke für Eure Tips.

Gruß, Thomas
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Launchpad, Mission Control, Schreibtisch ohne Funktion

Post by socratis »

Tom_1971 wrote:My problem: the "Launchpad","Mission Control" and "Display Desktop" buttons do not work.
Mein Problem: die Tasten "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Schreibtisch anzeigen" funktionieren nicht.
What doesn't work? Where? Host? Guest? What's your guest? What's your VirtualBox version? What do you expect, what do you see?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Tom_1971

Post by Tom_1971 »

Hallo,

Virtualbox 5.2.8 unter macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (=Host)

"Mein Problem: die Tasten "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Schreibtisch anzeigen" (Show Desktop) funktionieren nicht."
That means that these funktions are disabled when running and working in my Guest-System.
(When pressing the key, nothing happend)
I was used to use Paralells, there it worked pretty well.

"Die Tasten "Bildschirmschoner" (Screensaver) und "Bildschirmsperre" (Lock Screen) funktionieren."
That meand that these funktions still run.

Do I Need to adjustsomething in my Settings to make this work?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I could already translate your message the first time. But you didn't answer any of my questions...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Tom_1971

Post by Tom_1971 »

Are you kidding me?

There is everything answered.

Again:

Host:
Virtualbox 5.2.8 unter macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Problem:
The Keys: "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Show Desktop" do not work
when I working in my Guest System. Nothing happen when pressing one of this keys.

The keys "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Show Desktop" are keys on the MAC keyboard, so they are macOS funktions and belong to a behaviour of the host.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Tom_1971 wrote:Are you kidding me?
Unfortunately not. So, let me once again post the questions:
socratis wrote:What doesn't work?
socratis wrote:Where? Host? Guest?
socratis wrote:What's your guest?
socratis wrote:What do you expect, what do you see?
Tom_1971

Post by Tom_1971 »

socratis wrote:
What doesn't work?

Answer:
The Keys: "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Show Desktop" do not work
when I working in my Guest System.

socratis wrote:
Where? Host? Guest?

Answer:
The keys "Launchpad", Mission Control" und "Show Desktop" are keys on the MAC keyboard, so they are macOS funktions and belong to a behaviour of the host.

socratis wrote:
What's your guest?

Answer:
WIN10 64 bit, but that doesnt matter because the not working keys are not working with the application Virtualbox.

socratis wrote:
What do you expect, what do you see
I expect the keys let run their funktions, e. g. show Mission Control when I press the Mission Control key, but nothing happen when I press. With other applications (Safari, etc.) the keys are "doing their jobs".

Does this help to understand?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Sort of... Let me see if I can describe it for you:
Whenever I run a Win10 guest (or any other guest) on my 10.3.3 OSX host, and I use the Function keys that should launch Launchpad, Mission Control and Show Desktop, these keys do not do anything on my host.
Is that an accurate description?

If so, that's expected. If your guest has the keyboard focus, all keys are directed to the guest. The guest has no clue what to do with these keys, and they are ignored, thrown away [1].

You can press the HostKey once (to return the key-focus from your guest to the host), then press the Function Keys. That works.

[1]: The only exception is Cmd+Q and Cmd+H.
Tom_1971

Post by Tom_1971 »

Thank you socratis, I will try and let you know.

But why is ths working in Paralells? (I know this is no Paralells Forum, but they could manage it)
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Tom_1971 wrote:But why is ths working in Paralells?
I have no clue. I've never used Parallels, and even if I did, I couldn't tell you why. Their source code is closed.

But let me ask you this. Let's assume that you had an OSX guest. And you pressed the Launchpad key. Where would you want that key to go? To the host, or to the guest? Based on what criteria?

Right now, if you press the Launchpad key, it will go to the Guest (yes, it works). If you press the HostKey once, it will go to the Host. No mind-reading required...