Windows 10 - how to install macos

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
wmike

Windows 10 - how to install macos

Post by wmike »

Hi all,

So, I have a windows 10 machine. VirtualBox installed. I have usb with a Mac Install on it. Windows, of course, is insisting that I reformat for Windows. If I do this - I can't put the Mac Install on it.

So my question is: how do I go about installing MacOS on my Windows machine from with VirtualBox?

Many thanks,

Mike
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Windows 10 - how to install macos

Post by andyp73 »

macOS is only supported as a VirtualBox guest operating system on genuine Apple hardware. See Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest for more details.

As most people are unlikely to have taken some shiny piece of Apple hardware and directly installed Windows onto it as the host OS then one of the site moderators when they are next passing will very likely lock this thread and ask for proof.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
wmike

Post by wmike »

Ah well. I have a dead iMac.

Trying to recover my stuff via virtualbox - pity.

Virtualbox is rather pointless then. What is the point of a virtual host that refuses to insatll MacOS - that I own except on a Mac machine. Duh??

Thanks anyway.
towo2099
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian Sid
Guest OSses: Android, Linux

Post by towo2099 »

Virtualbox is rather pointless then. What is the point of a virtual host that refuses to insatll MacOS - that I own except on a Mac machine. Duh??
Ask Apple, it's their License which forbid such use of MacOS.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Filling in the gaps in what you have said... it seems you have taken the hard disk out of your dead iMac and connected it to a Windows PC using a USB-SATA cable or caddy of some description?

If that is the case, then you can download Paragon HFS+ for Windows 10/8.1 for free to read the files you need.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.