High Serria having problems on VM

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
Darth Vader

High Serria having problems on VM

Post by Darth Vader »

After making my own ISO file of mac Hih Serria, I then made a VM for it following these steps:

http://tobiwashere.de/2017/10/virtualbo ... st-system/

Worked fine.

After I shut down the VM and restarted for testing purposes

after it rebooted, it told me to reinstall Mac Os high serria (or it looked liked Installation of macOS High Sierra Part 1 on the site)

So I rebooted the computer and got to the Boot Maintenance Manager and hit reset system

After that, the VM booted up like a regular Mac.

So now every time I start up the VM I have to rest the system thru boot manager and it's getting annoying.

So whats wrong?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: High Serria having problems on VM

Post by socratis »

Moving to "OSX guests" from "OSX Hosts". You've got to pick an appropriate section of the forums depending on where the problem is.

In the OSX guests section, there is a sticky: "[HowTo] Install OSX 10.13 in a VM". Follow the instructions therein.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader »

Those are the same steps as the site has, and I'm still have that problem I describe what do I do?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

You're not doing something right. Most probably you're picking the wrong boot option in the EFI menu. No one has complained about those guides. I did my guide before I discovered Tobi's guide, but the steps are identical. So, you're not following the steps exactly...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader »

So if I change the Boot option in the EFI menu to the right one (supposedly). What would happen would it stop what I describe?
Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader »

This thread is continued here pls post your responses here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=85631