What i need to working faster?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Stranek

What i need to working faster?

Post by Stranek »

Hello
What i need to faster install and loading my virtual box ?
I need much ram cpu or disk what virtual box most need to working faster?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: What i need to working faster?

Post by socratis »

It depends. Can your host afford that? And what do you mean "faster"? It doesn't quite describe the situation.
  • "Start the VM" (not from paused or saved state) / "observe error" / "shutdown the VM".
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

My question is what i need more ?
I have dual core procesor 4 giga ram and normal disk hhd.
What i must buy disk ssd ? more ram or what to faster working my virtual machine all working ok but working slow not like my computer i think i must add disk od more ram what u think ?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Dual core? Well, in that case the first thing on the shopping list is at least 2 more cores. Or more if you plan to run multiple VMs simultaneously.

It would help if you told us what the guest OS is.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I already told you. I don't know unless I see some logs.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

all working but slow i have old computer 4 giga ddr3 ram procesor dual core and normal disk not ssd.
what i need to working and loading faster windows in virtual box now it work but slow what i need more ? ssd disk ? ram ? procesor have 10-20% capacity. need ram or disk ?
Stranek

Ram ? Disk ?

Post by Stranek »

Hello
Virtual box working great !
1.I have question what i need to working faster ram or disk ?
What is more important ?
2.When i use the same disk for new machine my cookie in browser will be other than other machine with the same disk ?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Ram ? Disk ?

Post by mpack »

I'm afraid that the question isn't very meaningful, which is probably why no one bothered to answer it last time.

If your application is thrashing, i.e. paging memory to disk because RAM is short, then of course adding more RAM will help, as will installing a faster disk (e.g. an SSD). But, you have not said anything about the application or its requirements, so there is no way to give a proper answer to your question.
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: Ram ? Disk ?

Post by socratis »

Merging with your exactly same topic. Please do NOT open new topics for the same issue, or next time they will be deleted. Fail to answer questions, and it will be ignored. Keep asking the same questions without answering, and it will be locked.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

Virtual machine "eat" much proccesor ?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Please answer the questions that we have asked. If you can't understand the questions, please use a translation service. Both for the questions and the answers. Use small sentenses:
[quote=""DeepL translation"]Proszę odpowiedzieć na zadane przez nas pytania. Jeśli nie potrafisz zrozumieć pytań, skorzystaj z usługi tłumaczeniowej. Pytania i odpowiedzi. Używaj małych zdań:[/quote]