About cookie and computer

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Stranek

About cookie and computer

Post by Stranek »

Hello
When i use the same disk (with installed windows 7) and i use new machine i have new resolution and cookie in firefox ?
I need virtual box to hide my information in www game.
Im voting and tell me admin can look this is the same computer ? The same cookies or something like that ?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: About cookie and computer

Post by socratis »

Stranek wrote:I need virtual box to hide my information in www game.
This is similar to asking "I need my new computer to hide my information". This is a software issue that you're having. VirtualBox provides the virtual hardware, not the software or its configuration that runs on that virtual hardware.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

Thanks for reply.
But my question is when i use one disk for new virtual machine all information about cookies from my www browser and other information is new ?
Some1 cant look is the same computer?
And my question user agent etc is similar like normal computer ?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Let's call a spade a spade.

If you are asking whether some remote site can detect attempts to cheat then the answer is: yes, unless they are idiots. They will see multiple PCs behind the same IP address, i.e. the IP address assigned to your external connection by your internet provider.

Whether a PC on your local network is physical or a VM is not relevant.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

I always change ip with lte internets.
10 providers and all have variables ip

My last question for u is when i add new machine with the same disk mac adress will be new or the same on all machine ?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

It depends. If you cloned the VM, and you didn't check the "Reinitialize the MAC address of all network cards" (see this picture from the User Manual), then yes, it's going to have the same MAC address, which means that if you run both guests at the same time, you're going to have a problem.

But even if you did that, you can generate a new MAC address, by going to the VM settings » Network » Adapter # » Advanced » click on the two-arrow circular blue icon to the right of the "MAC address". That will generate a new, random MAC for that adapter.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

This mac adress looking like normal mac adress from normal computer :) ?
BTW Thanks for all replies !