how bring back my VMs… what file to recover - REINSTALLED

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
lse123

how bring back my VMs… what file to recover - REINSTALLED

Post by lse123 »

I installed Version 5.2.2 r119230 (Qt5.6.2). Before I had Version VirtualBox-5.1.22-115126 but after problems upgrade it ... I used REVO UNINSTALLER to uninstall it. I had backup of the whole PC... Well, now all VMs Not Disappear in new Virtual box ... how bring back my VMs… what file to recover… from the PC backup I have… ?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: how bring back my VMs… what file to recover - REINSTALLED

Post by socratis »

See "Moving a VM" and interpret it as "Backing up a VM". Pretty much the "VirtualBox VMs" folder and then you add the .vbox file.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lse123

Post by lse123 »

You mean this .vbox file keep all settings of th VM like networking adapters or shared folders etc settings?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Exactly.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lse123

Post by lse123 »

how add an existing VM -- i must double click its .vbox file?????
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Or use the menu: Machine » Add...
It's all in the User Manual. You should have a searchable PDF version of the User Manual in your VirtualBox installation directory. Use that functionality and search the User Manual for simple questions like that. Actually use the User Manual for any question that you might have, it's all in there.
lse123

Post by lse123 »

I find VMs in HDD and clicked vbox file to add to Virtual box, added but when opened VM say missing Network adapters,... well how can recover my old network adapters so VMs work properly?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

A missing network adapter is exactly that; missing. In the old computer you had a Bridged connection? To a specific adapter? Well, if that adapter is not there in your new computer, you'll have to Bridge it to your new adapter. Just go to the Network settings and adjust the configuration.