No Sound on MacOS High Sierra

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
philm

No Sound on MacOS High Sierra

Post by philm »

Helloall,

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue where there is no sound output from the macOS guest and if there are any fixes for the issue

I am currently running virtual box 5.2 and mac OS HIgh Sierra.

I am not sure what to provide in order to help debug the issue. Please let me know what additional information/files that I could provide to assist in the debugging process!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No Sound on MacOS High Sierra

Post by socratis »

• Follow a "start the VM from cold-boot" / "observe error" / "shutdown the VM" cycle.
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
philm

Post by philm »

Ok, here we go, here is the log file!
Attachments
HighSierra-2017-11-27-22-40-42.log.zip
(31.65 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox VM 5.2.0 r118431 linux.amd64 (Oct 18 2017 07:32:52) release log
00:00:04.326295 DMI Product Name: HP EliteBook 8570p
Unfortunately OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Mac OS X guest on a Windows Host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.