VBM UI Window Too Tall

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
N0YB

VBM UI Window Too Tall

Post by N0YB »

VirtualBox Manager minimum UI window height is much to tall in 5.2.2 (twice what it needs to be).
In 5.1.30 the minimum UI window height was about half.

Host: Windows 8.1 Pro
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VBM UI Window Too Tall

Post by socratis »

If you're using a HiDPI screen, those I believe are part of the adjustments made in order to accommodate that. Same with icons, spacing and everything else layout-related.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
N0YB

Post by N0YB »

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
Native screen resolution 1920 x 1080
Don't see the DPI listed anywhere I've looked.
Acer Aspire R7-572-6423
Windows 8.1 Pro

Colossal waste of screen real-estate.

Can this please be gotten to the devs to see if they can provide a solution for next rev?

Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

N0YB wrote:Colossal waste of screen real-estate.
I counted 70 px difference; 248 vs 329 in the new version. The people of Rhodes (that's where the statue of Colossus was) would take real offense if you were to refer to 70 px as Colossal ;)
N0YB wrote:Can this please be gotten to the devs to see if they can provide a solution for next rev?
I think that they fixed a bug actually, or corrected a misbehavior if you will. What was that? The Preview window was getting chopped in the old version, now the min vertical size is such that the Preview window is shown in full. I don't think that the change was an accident, therefore I don't see them reverting their mind, especially if it was a customer that asked for the change.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
N0YB

Post by N0YB »

It's not a mere 70 px. It double of the minimum vertical height of version 2.1.30. So no the minimum vertical height is half the height of the screen (1920x1080). That is a colossal increase. Especially in snapshots view. Even with half dozen snapshots more than half the window is completely empty and wasted screen real-estate.

If it is intentional then it should be made intentional to make the minimum vertical height dependent on the view in use. It is way more than what is needed to display the client preview without chopping it off. Could fit two of them without being chopped.

The smallest the window can be made is 656 x 537 (w x h).