[WorksForMe] Windows 10 does not boot

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Windows 10 does not boot

Post by Perryg »

Indeed - the checksum is not the same
Well there you have it. Not much we can do about that. Maybe you should try a different browser or what ever you are using to download the file with.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I'll be damned! MS doesn't provide the checksum for their ISOs? What??? :shock:
Anyway, I found a (fan?) page that contains some of them: http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.c ... checksums/ . I'm sure that if you search for the specific filename of your downloaded ISO, you might come up with something extra.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

There is no sense in double teaming and socratis has more knowledge with Windows so I will let you two work this out since the host has been updated and taken out of the equation. Might want to move this to Windows guest too socratis IMHO.
saland

Post by saland »

Very good idea - I manage to create the image of an idiot here :oops: But made now a query with the file name and checksum:
Win10_1709_German_x64.iso checksum

And there we are: my files were flawed - I have other checksums
https://www.heise.de/forum/heise-online ... 0471/show/

It's really a shame that Microsoft doesn't provide checksums. They manage to piss users off.

btw: I downloaded with Firefox - nothing spectacular. But my connection at home is fairly slow - maybe this is the problem. I can also download it elsewhere with more bandwidth. I have no other explanations why the files were flawed.

Thanks for your help guys - it's very appreciated :-)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it! As per Perryg's suggestion, moving to "Windows Guests" from "Linux Hosts". And marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
saland

Re: [WorksForMe] Windows 10 does not boot

Post by saland »

Can I move the topic to "Windows Guests"?

Works for me :D