Virtual BOX Guest Addons destroing all Win10

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
kingcopy

Virtual BOX Guest Addons destroing all Win10

Post by kingcopy »

Since Virtual BOX 5.1.28 the installation of the Guest Addons Destroing all Windows 10 inkl Fall 1709 Fresh install. WTF is This

The Machine only brings Black Screens after the install and there is no Chance to recover this.

SAME With: VirtualBox-5.1.30-118389
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual BOX Guest Addons destroing all Win10

Post by socratis »

"Destroying" does not make too much sense, unless if you install the GAs formats your hard drive. So, please use more accurate descriptions, otherwise this is going to be a really short, one-sided conversation. Please describe in detail what's going on. If it is the black screen (i.e. you see nothing), then try to disable the 3D acceleration. Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
kingcopy

Post by kingcopy »

Yes you are Right , it was the 3d Acceleration. Thank You.

The Vms are Bootable again. Never had any problems since Years with this.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

The VMs were always bootable. What was "problematic" was the 3D acceleration part. Could be due to your host's graphics drivers (update them) or it could be that you didn't update the Guest Additions in your guest (update them). But I can't know without a VBox.log.zip...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.