[Solved] USB drivers not loading properly

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
Simple07

[Solved] USB drivers not loading properly

Post by Simple07 »

I have a Windows XP with "Delphi 2015.3" (Car Diagnostics software) installed on it and it was working properly on VirtualBox 5.1.xx. Recently I have been experimenting with VirtualBox RC1 and yesterday I wanted to perform some diagnostics on a friend's car, but the USB drivers did not load properly when connecting the "CDP+/Multidiag Pro+" (Vehicle Communication Interface).

It has worked fine after uninstalling VirtualBox-5.2.0_RC1-118265-Win and deleting the Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.0_RC1-118266 folder, then reinstalling VirtualBox-5.1.28-117968-Win with its Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.1.28-117968.

p.s. After uninstalling 5.2 RC1 and reinstalling 5.1.8 (without deleting Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.0_RC1-118266), Windows would crash during the starting process.
Last edited by socratis on 11. Oct 2017, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB drivers not loading properly

Post by socratis »

Simple07 wrote:It has worked fine after ...
So, just to make it clear. It works now, doesn't it? A reinstall made it work properly, right? Is that what you're saying?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Simple07

Post by Simple07 »

Yes, a revert to VirtualBox 5.1 with Extension_Pack 5.1 made it work, but it still does not work under 5.2..

I am pointing that there is an issue with USB in 5.2 RC1.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

Simple07 wrote:I am pointing that there is an issue with USB in 5.2 RC1.
Actually you're just saying that something perhaps failed in some vague and mysterious way. There isn't even the most basic information included.
Simple07

Post by Simple07 »

Absolutely, if you say so !!

If you feel the issue is interesting and you need more info to help you identify and resolve a possible bug, please tell me what info/data you need collected and I will do so later tonight.

Simple.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts. If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Simple07

Post by Simple07 »

Updated to the latest VirtualBox-5.2.0_RC1-118302-Win, Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.0_RC1-118302 and VBoxGuestAdditions_5.2.0-118298.

The VCI was recognised and communication with the car's ECU has been established, the USB issue with the previous VB RC release is now resolved.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].