Testcase build 118223

Postings relating to old VirtualBox pre-releases
frg

Testcase build 118223

Post by frg »

Just noticed a new developer snapshot build and thought I would give it a try. Didn't work well. Guest immediately terminated after startup with a popup on the host telling me that the vm ran into a problem. I only found mention of the error in the selectorwindow.log file.

Windows 7 x64 host and guest.
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
Guest log
(10.06 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
selectorwindow.log.zip
log with error.
(739 Bytes) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by frg on 3. Oct 2017, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Testcase build 118223

Post by socratis »

Was the testcase meant specifically for you? And if it was, where did you find it? Because testcases are supposed to be addressing a very, very specific problem and they are meant for that problem and that problem alone. Testcases may disable or modify specific parts of the code, they are not meant for general testing.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
frg

Post by frg »

Linked on the standard snapshots page so it shouldn't be too specific.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds

FRG
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

OK, I see, you mean the "Development snapshots". Still, they carry the same warning as I mentioned previously. Please do not link to them as they might disappear.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
frg

Post by frg »

Removed the link and changed the text. I know that these are unstable. Just wanted to give a heads up in case a new error crept in. Would rather not have this one in the GA :)

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

Seems to be fixed in 118265 :)