Installation of Windows 10S

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Manasa123
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: OSE Fedora
Guest OSses: Windows 10

Installation of Windows 10S

Post by Manasa123 »

I have Used virtual box for installing Windows 10s preview version.It didnt worked properly. Would Virtual box add support to 10S full version ? as 10s is going to release after diwali or for this new year for sure. Virtualbox should support latest versions of windows
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installation of Windows 10S

Post by socratis »

Manasa123 wrote:It didnt worked properly.
That's a quite vague statement. Unless you provide logs, diagnostics and/or other signs that it didn't work, there is no way on this side of the universe that we can test that statement...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Windows 10 S allows only apps that are downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Is Virtualbox on the Microsoft Store? I couldn't find it. I'd guess you won't be able to either, unless tons of Oracle's pay-for virtualization platform's customers suddenly start using 10 S and demand Virtualbox on the Store.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I have the feeling the the OP is talking about Win10s as a guest, not as a host.
But, without an answer...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Either way, either the host software or the Guest Additions is going to be a problem.
punpzfmc

Post by punpzfmc »

Any One find Solution ? I am facing same issue.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Yes, the solution is to change to a version of Windows that allows the installation of non Windows store apps.