Shared Folders Module Argues w/ Kernel - RTSpinlockCreate

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
jsight

Shared Folders Module Argues w/ Kernel - RTSpinlockCreate

Post by jsight »

I've installed the official package for VBox 2.0.2 on a Windows Vista 64 host (Q6700). I've then installed Gentoo with a 64bit kernel version 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 (genkernel).

The guest additions iso mounted nicely, and seemed to install perfectly. Mouse and video integration work perfectly. Unfortunately, when I try to modprobe vboxvfs, it fails, and the following error is shown in dmesg output:

vboxvfs: disagrees about version of symbol RTSpinlockCreate
vboxvfs: Unknown symbol RTSpinlockCreate

Here's the direct output from the modprobe command:
FATAL: Error inserting vboxvfs (/lib/modules/2.6.25-gentoo-r7/misc/vboxvfs.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Any ideas? :)
KeyzerSuze
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: debian i386, debian amd64, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server

Re: Shared Folders Module Argues w/ Kernel - RTSpinlockCreat

Post by KeyzerSuze »

jsight wrote:I've installed the official package for VBox 2.0.2 on a Windows Vista 64 host (Q6700). I've then installed Gentoo with a 64bit kernel version 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 (genkernel).

The guest additions iso mounted nicely, and seemed to install perfectly. Mouse and video integration work perfectly. Unfortunately, when I try to modprobe vboxvfs, it fails, and the following error is shown in dmesg output:

vboxvfs: disagrees about version of symbol RTSpinlockCreate
vboxvfs: Unknown symbol RTSpinlockCreate

Here's the direct output from the modprobe command:
FATAL: Error inserting vboxvfs (/lib/modules/2.6.25-gentoo-r7/misc/vboxvfs.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

Any ideas? :)
I am having the same problem but with debian amd64, same config is working on a debian i386 vm
TerryE
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.04 & 11.10, both Svr&Wstn, Debian, CentOS

Post by TerryE »

There doesn't seem to be an open ticket on this one. Perhaps you can use the public Bugtracker to raise a ticket.

You need to register for a wiki user account (this is different to a forum account sorry) and log into the wiki before you can use the bug tracker.
Read the Forum Posting Guide
Google your Q site:VirtualBox.org or search for the answer before posting.