How to make android guest Additions

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
Xuwen

How to make android guest Additions

Post by Xuwen »

How to make android guest Additions,even part function of the Additions.Like Mouse pointer integration.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: How to make android guest Additions

Post by mpack »

Xuwen wrote:How to make android guest Additions ...
On this part: you hire a team of programmers and pay them to do R&D for a few months. Note that you don't want the cheap kind of programmer (students), you need the expensive, experienced kind that understands how to write device drivers and integrate with a complex app. Be sure to let the Oracle devs know when you're done, they'll be very appreciate I'm sure.
Xuwen wrote:... even part function of the Additions.Like Mouse pointer integration.
True mouse integration is not possible without GAs, but perhaps things like the absolute pointer mode will provide a better experience.
Xuwen

Post by Xuwen »

Hi,mpack.Thanks so much.
Maybe I should ask som question concrete.
I found "vboxguest.ko","vboxsf.ko","vboxvideo.ko" in the genymotion android guest。This is a reluctant way to meet my needs。
But how to Integrate these modules("vboxguest.ko","vboxsf.ko","vboxvideo.ko") with the android-x86?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

To my knowledge, VirtualBox has no Guest Additions for Android guests. If you see Guest Additions then it's unlikely that they came from the official devs. Perhaps some third party attempted a port of the Linux GAs. In any case I would take a look to see if there's a README to go along with the modules you found so you can contact and question whomever is responsible, because I don't believe it is anyone here.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

3rd parties like Genymotion provide such things. You need to talk to them, not to Oracle.