VirtualBox crash PC w10

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
ortollj

VirtualBox crash PC w10

Post by ortollj »

first post before I can post an U R L
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: VirtualBox crash PC w10

Post by BillG »

What URL did you want to post? What can't you describe in words?
Bill
ortollj

VM Sage ova Crash

Post by ortollj »

I do not want to recopy what I put on the forum Microsoft,
And as I do not have the right to post a U R L. Do a search on microsoft community with keywords VM Sage ova Crash
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VM Sage ova Crash

Post by scottgus1 »

I don't want to do the search. You do the copy :)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I merged your two topics. No need for a 2nd topic.

Describe your problem. What's wrong with describing the problem? Seriously now, I don't really feel like searching for your posts in 3rd party sites. Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ortollj

Post by ortollj »

it is ok with VMware 12 workstation Sage7.6 and W10. so it seems the problem comes from Oracle Virtualbox under W10 OS !

( see the last image at the end of the post on microsoft community).
I added a youtube video of the crash.
this seems crazy but there is no event about the crash in journal event observer of W10.Like W10 don't notice anything !! :?:
ortollj

Post by ortollj »

same punishment With Virtualbox 5.1.20 always systematical Crashs
erdeslawe
Volunteer

Post by erdeslawe »

So provide the information socratis requested a couple of messages back and provide the "Minimum Information needed for assistance".
ortollj

Post by ortollj »

As in the beginning I did not know where the problem came from (Sage Math, Virtualbox, W10) I posted on the 3 forums.
Now I find it a bit stupid to have to recopy the same information on the 3 forums especially that with your rudimentary forum that does not accept URLs or images I will not be able to explain correctly, because the crash Does not apparently produce a log (maybe there is a log somewhere generated by Virtualbox?). Also you could simply do a Google search with these words:
microsoft community crash W10 sage ova
now I know that the problem is beetween Virtualbox and W10.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

ortollj wrote:As in the beginning I did not know where the problem came from (Sage Math, Virtualbox, W10) I posted on the 3 forums.
So, you are expecting people from three different and unrelated forums to work together and solve *your* problem, is that right?
ortollj wrote:Now I find it a bit stupid to have to recopy the same information on the 3 forums
A copy/paste is a stupid action? Man, I should check my IQ then, because the letters "C" and "V" are worn on my keyboard.
ortollj wrote:with your rudimentary forum that does not accept URLs or images
It does. And it does. "Yes" on both accounts. URLs you have to be a member for 1 day, cuts down on spam. Images is below the post form, where it says "Upload attachment"?

ortollj wrote:Also you could simply do a Google search with these words
Seriously? Really? You're bored enough to copy/paste and you want everyone to rush and search for your problem? I'm not sure you really have a complete understanding on how this whole "help" and "community" thing really works.
ortollj wrote:now I know that the problem is beetween Virtualbox and W10.
Good. The problem is that *we* don't know what even the problem is, because you didn't bother explaining the most basic symptoms.

Since this thread has dragged for too long, if the next message from you does not include a complete and detailed description of your problem according to the Minimum information needed for assistance, including a complete, zipped VBox.log, I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock the thread.

PS. Just out of a hunch, try to disable Hyper-V in your host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ortollj

Post by ortollj »

relax man.
it's no longer my problem now because I'm using Sage with VMware Workstation 12.
Bye
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Thank you and goodbye.
Problem description still missing. Locked as promised.