OS X guests and "double cursor"

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
okiuss
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: OSX,LINUX,WINXXX

OS X guests and "double cursor"

Post by okiuss »

Hi,
just checked the new Virtualbox 5.1.16 with a few guests.

10.12 guest - works fine, no double cursor artifacts at all
10.4 and 10.8 guest - works initially, as soon as you leave the guest window, the double cursor appears :-(

However, VB is a great product. Thanks to the devs.

Regards, OK
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: OS X guests and "double cursor"

Post by socratis »

That's a known issue. See: Add your configuration to the ticket so that you'll get notified if anything changes...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
vvhorus

Post by vvhorus »

Hello!

We're successfully running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard guests on MacPro hosts (Late 2013) running 10.11.6 El Capitan and using VirtualBox version 5.0.34-113845 with no double cursors. If I upgrade VB to anything above that, we get the double cursors.

Maybe the developers should go back to the 5.0.34 code and check what changed.

Upgrading to newer VB versions is not critical for our particular use, but it would be nice to keep the software up to date...

Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

vvhorus wrote:Maybe the developers should go back to the 5.0.34 code and check what changed.
Easier said than done. A lot of things changed, mainly the underlying 3rd party Qt libraries. It may be way more difficult than you imagine.

Just add yourself to the ticket, noting your configuration, and you'll be notified if there's any change...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.