cant run cs go engine error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Ryan11

cant run cs go engine error

Post by Ryan11 »

I have installed vb after put 3d acceleration with 256mb installed windows 7, set the standard driver from the vb, and cant just run cs go I received an error like engine
Your graphics hardware does not support all features (CSM) needed to run this game.

Device Info:
Marked unsupported: 0
Supports PCF Sampling: 0
Driver Name: "VMware SVGA 3D"
VendorID: 0x15AD, DeviceID: 0x0405
DriverHigh: 0.0008000E, DriverLow: 0.00010033
DXLevel: 95, MinDXSupportLevel: 90, MaxDXSupportLevel: 95
my video card is 730gtx maybe cuz my graphics card does not support this program ? cs 1.6 easy to run ;D
help please guys ;[
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: cant run cs go engine error

Post by BillG »

The vm does not use the physical video card in the host machine. It uses its own virtual video card, which is not very good for games.
Bill
Ryan11

Post by Ryan11 »

oh im sorry i did not know it. but I know who can run this game in vb I really need it :(
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Ryan11 wrote: I know who can run this game in vb
You could always ask them... :lol:

I suspect you're asking does anyone know how to run the game in Virtualbox? If 3D acceleration is truly on and enabled, then you can't run the game in Virtualbox. If you really need it you'll have to run it on a physical PC, not in a Virtualbox guest.
Ryan11

Post by Ryan11 »

im sorry but i need to run two games simultaneously, i dunno what happens to my vb I did so as they but i did not work wtf =/ 128mb 3dhelp and anyway i got engine error
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Ryan11 wrote:I did so as they
Does this mean a friend of yours was able to run the game in Virtualbox? If so, then you really can ask them what they did.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I haven't seen any sign that the Guest Additions (GAs) were installed or not...

@Ryan11: With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save the first "VBox.log" only, ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Ryan11

Post by Ryan11 »

im sorry scott but I do not communicate with them I look at what they wrote on the forum nobody wrote that they had a problem about engine and I decided to ask it in the forum vb
look - need to create a new VM ,after need to enable 3d acceleration and put 256mb video memory. next install windows after installation, install drivers from vb -->reboot and run game if that is all that I need to run the game =/ i even dunno whats going on
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Ryan11 wrote:look - need to create a new VM
Look, need to provide the VBox.log that I asked for.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Ryan11

Post by Ryan11 »

done
Attachments
VBox.zip
(27.75 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

As far as I can tell, the Guest Additions have not been installed. All you did was mount the GAs CD in the virtual drive - and it's still there. Now you need to run the installer that is on the CD.

And, remember to eject the CD afterwards.

The user manual section 4.2.1 includes a precise description of how to install the GAs in a Windows guest. I recommend that you read it carefully.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

00:00:01.308481 crCtlSubmit failed (rc=VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED)
I have no clue what that means, I really hope that someone else has, because I can't say I have seen that before. Other than that, the logs look fine.
00:00:07.615947 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Interface = 0x00010004 osType = 0x0003B100 (Windows 10, 64-bit)
It seems to me that you might have installed the additions, but I can't tell what version of the GAs you're using, because you resumed the VM from a saved state (don't do it next time please), but hover over the bottom right icon area, make sure that all icons are showing. Do you have a VirtualBox icon? Hover over it and tell me what does the tooltip say about the GAs version. If you don't see an icon, follow mpack's advice. Actually, follow it nonetheless to make absolutely sure that the GAs are installed.
Ryan11

Post by Ryan11 »

i use oracle vm virtualbox guest additions 5.1.14r112924. I opened the driver through cd drive, their size 5.6mb ather pc restart the screen resolution has changed on my main screen like was without drivers 800x640 now i can put 1920x1080. and another question . when I need to close the virtual machine I just need to press the switch the machine off before i used to save the state of the machine, always sorry ;[
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

So, it turns out that you didn't have the GAs installed! Please verify with the icon in the bottom right corner, the notification area.

On shutting the VM. Don't close it and save its state. You need to shutdown the guest from within the guest, like you would a normal computer. That's the best and more appropriate way of shutting down a computer. Even a virtual one...
Ryan11

Post by Ryan11 »

oh god. i fixed it it was necessary to install in Safe Mode i mean 3d driver I'm sorry for disturbing you .just didn't see it, it was stupid