mouse pointer invisible on android guest

Discussions about using non Windows and Linux guests such as FreeBSD, DOS, OS/2, OpenBSD, etc.
satimis

mouse pointer invisible on android guest

Post by satimis »

Hi all,

Host Ubuntu 16.04 64bit
VM android-x86_64-6.0-r2

This is frustrating me. The mouse pointer is invisible on the guest after the mouse working a while on the host.

The indicator is on showing the host mouse pointer is captured by the guest. But the mouse pointer is invisible on the guest. I have to reboot the guest to get it back.

Please advise how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards
satimis
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: mouse pointer invisible on android guest

Post by mpack »

What does this have to do with "Linux Hosts"? Moving it to "Other Guests".

AFAIK, if you click on the guest window it will recapture the mouse. Note that Android is not a supported guest OS, there are no GAs, so handling the mouse and drawing the mouse cursor are both entirely the business of your Android guest. We know that VirtualBox emulates a PS/2 mouse correctly, but you don't say how your guest is configured.
satimis

Re: mouse pointer invisible on android guest

Post by satimis »

mpack wrote:What does this have to do with "Linux Hosts"? Moving it to "Other Guests".
Only Android VM is running. All working documents are on the host therefore to read/edit them I have to move the mouse pointer out from Android VM. When moving the mouse pointer back to Android VM, it is recaptured. But the mouse pointer is invisible. If moving the mouse pointer away from Android VM a short while it can be recaptured on moving back and is visible.
AFAIK, if you click on the guest window it will recapture the mouse. Note that Android is not a supported guest OS, there are no GAs, so handling the mouse and drawing the mouse cursor are both entirely the business of your Android guest. We know that VirtualBox emulates a PS/2 mouse correctly, but you don't say how your guest is configured.
Settings -> System
-> Motherboard
Pointing Device: PS/2 Mouse
Extended Features: (check) Enable I/O
-> Acceleration
Paravirtualization Interface: Default
Hardware Virtualization: (check) Enable VT-x/AMD-V
Enable Nested Paging
-> Display -> Screen
Acceleration: (not check) Enable 3D Acceleration
(not check) Enable 2D Video Acceleration
-> User Interface