Oracle linux server cannot startup after virtualized

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
hples

Oracle linux server cannot startup after virtualized

Post by hples »

Hi everyone,
I do virtualization 02 physical machines which are running under Oracle linux server 6.4. Howerver my Oracle linux serer could not startup, I did the following step to vitualize:
- Convert physical machines by VMware Vcenter Converter Standalone client 5.5.3. it created vmdk files.
- Create virtual machine on VMware, then start Oracle Linux server 6.4, it cannot startup completely and error message always appears.
- Create virtual machine on Virtualbox 5.1.2, then start Oracle Linux server 6.4, the status is same.
Pls see attachments.
Pls help me.
Attachments
oracle start.gif
oracle start.gif (40.91 KiB) Viewed 8641 times
error2.gif
error2.gif (125.95 KiB) Viewed 8641 times
error1.gif
error1.gif (95.24 KiB) Viewed 8641 times
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Re: Oracle linux server cannot startup after virtualized

Post by michaln »

If the errors are on the host, we can't help you. If the errors are in a VM, please save a screenshot from the VM instead of taking a very poor quality photo.

All I can tell you is that there is some kind of a disk problem.
hples

Post by hples »

michaln wrote:If the errors are on the host, we can't help you. If the errors are in a VM, please save a screenshot from the VM instead of taking a very poor quality photo.

All I can tell you is that there is some kind of a disk problem.
Hi michaln,
I'm sorry for poor quality photos. I took by smartphone whe error messages are flashing.
You can see better pic as attchement.

The current error does not come from host OS but from guest OS (Oracle Linux server 6.4).
I'm going to virtualize Oracle Linux server 6.4 but it can not start. Error message is always flashing repeatly.
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (84.22 KiB) Viewed 8621 times
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

If you're having a problem with a VirtualBox VM, please read and follow this: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=48476

I will also repeat myself: "If the errors are in a VM, please save a screenshot from the VM instead of taking a very poor quality photo." What that means is that it's a complete waste of everyone's time to take photos of a VM screen with a camera. Please don't do it.

Once again I can tell you that there's some kind of a disk problem. Not knowing anything about your configuration, that's as much information you're going to get from anyone.
hples

Post by hples »

michaln wrote:If you're having a problem with a VirtualBox VM, please read and follow this: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=48476

I will also repeat myself: "If the errors are in a VM, please save a screenshot from the VM instead of taking a very poor quality photo." What that means is that it's a complete waste of everyone's time to take photos of a VM screen with a camera. Please don't do it.

Once again I can tell you that there's some kind of a disk problem. Not knowing anything about your configuration, that's as much information you're going to get from anyone.
Hi michaln,
I'm still unable to solve my problem when starting Oracle Linux Server on Virtualbox. Pls see Virtualbox log.
Note that I'm successful when runing these vmdk file on VMware ESXi.
If you need more information, pls let me know.
Thanks
Attachments
db3-2016-09-21-08-59-18.rar
(29.45 KiB) Downloaded 83 times