No bridged mode with 5.0.4 on Windows 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
OlivierJ

Re: No bridged mode with 5.0.4 on Windows 7

Post by OlivierJ »

Spirit-RC wrote:Unticking the "Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS6 Filter" component in the host network adapter properties (and pressing OK) helped me to resolve this issue.
Ticking it back and pressing OK again surprisingly didn't bring the problem back.
It is possible that just opening your host network adapter properties, changing anything there, and then pressing OK is the workaround.
Did the same on 5.0.6 on Windows7. The bridged mode works now.
Thx.
Don12345

Post by Don12345 »

As previously posted, same problem w/ 5.0.8 on Windows 7 64 bit. I just downloaded VBox 5.0.8, and my second PCI/E adapter is not visibl within VBox.
mgvb

Post by mgvb »

I was running 4.3.x and decided to take a plunge to 5 and upgraded to 5.0.6. I am having same issue with 5.0.6 as well. Networking is in bridged mode. I have 2 VMs (Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04) and in both VMs I get IP address I can ping both the VMs. Sometimes after rebooting VMs I can ssh into them but as soon as I do any data transfer the ssh connection drops and then I can never connect back again unless I reboot.

Reading the thread, I downgraded to 5.0.2 and it seems bridged mode is working fine but now I have a different issue. I have 3 VMDKs connected as raw disk and one of the VMDK I have started to get VERR_ACCESS_DENIED on my 3rd disk and VM get suspended. I can remove the 3rd raw disk from VM and VM boots fine and I can then on the running VM attach the VMDK for raw disk again and mount inside VM just fine but again on next reboot I am hitting the same issue.

Here is the exact error

I am not sure if this is result of downgrading from 5.0.6 to 5.0.2.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MG
mgvb

Post by mgvb »

I finally uninstalled 5.0.2 as well and went back to 4.3.x. Everything started working just fine. So there is definitely some issue with 5.0.x and I will hold on to updating to that :( .
Venanzo

Post by Venanzo »

noteirak wrote:For those affected by this issue, the quick fix (until the issue is resolved) is to force VirtualBox 5.0.x to install with the NDIS5 driver:

1. Uninstall VirtualBox
2. Reinstall Virtualbox using the following command:

Code: Select all

VirtualBox-x.x.x-yyyyy-Win.exe -msiparams NETWORKTYPE=NDIS5
Only post here again if it did not solve your issue.
GREAT !!!!!

i have problem after upgrading to 5.0.8 , my vm not starting ( XP on W.7 host )
Uninstalling, rebooting, install :
VirtualBox-5.0.8-103449-Win.exe -msiparams NETWORKTYPE=NDIS5
and now it works perfectly... very very good !!!! thanks !!
VM-F4n
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Win7 64-Bit

Post by VM-F4n »

I don't really know if VirtualBox-5.0.8-103449-Win.exe -msiparams NETWORKTYPE=NDIS5 would help me :oops: ....

I'm on host Win 7 64-bit and on guest the same.
I'm back on 5.0.2.

Can't choose bridge networking on 5.0.4, 5.0.6 and 5.0.8 (see screenshot), only tap adapter! :shock:
only-tap.jpg
only-tap.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
Only 5.0.2 works for me!

Edit:
I'm only online in the VM, not with the physical system!
My physical newtork adapter (on host system) isn't disabled, but only internet protocol v4 and v6 are disabled because on host i don't want to go online!
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

*push*

Sorry for my bad english! :oops:

Don't want to install for a test 5.0.10 because i've read that after installing 5.0.10 and the problem doesn't solve, nothing is going if i go back to 5.0.2! :shock:
I'm very unsure know! :?
LastWord
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP (64 bit), Kubuntu (64 bit)

Post by LastWord »

Test build 104375 (with filename VirtualBox-5.0.51-104375-Win.exe) solved the issue with bridged networking for me. See Ticket #14578 ("Unable to select network adaptor that has TCP/IP disabled.") for details.
VM-F4n

Post by VM-F4n »

Why isn't possible to fix this in 5.0.10 or release a new version? :evil:
Petr Vones
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10 64-bit

Post by Petr Vones »

Can you please confirm whether it is fixed in 5.0.12 ? I am still with 4.3.28 because of this issue. Thanks.
peter334

Post by peter334 »

Is this still an issue. I just recently installed the latest virtualbox on Win 7 Pro and cannot get bridged mode to work. I assign a static IP and the windows adaptor shows the IP in the same subnet as my host, but they cannot ping each other, the host can get to the internet, but the Xubunutu guest cannot. I have version 5.0.16 r105871. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have installed and uninstalled multiple times and have gone through NAT and host-only, but I think I would really need to use bridged mode to the one ethernet adapter so that I can run my web server and connect via the internet.
g0tcha

Post by g0tcha »

i too have this same problem, i am running win7 host with linux guest and on bridged mode i dont get DHCP working. The guest network doesnt connect or try to connect to my router.
noteirak wrote:For those affected by this issue, the quick fix (until the issue is resolved) is to force VirtualBox 5.0.x to install with the NDIS5 driver:

1. Uninstall VirtualBox

i have also uninstalled the 5.0.16 version, rebooted and re-installed with VirtualBox-5.0.16-105871-Win.exe -msiparams NETWORKTYPE=NDIS5 and still doesnt work. although i dont get allocated an ip address, the thing that is different compared to when i install without any parameters is that the networking icon has the green dot blinking after systems boots up. in normal install that never blinks.

i am now download 5.0.2 to see if it will work for me.
g0tcha

Post by g0tcha »

uninstalled 5.0.16 - rebooted - installed 5.0.8 with msiparams etc, rebooted , tried linux VM still dhcp not working.
jnl2
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: MS Windows 7 64bit

Post by jnl2 »

I've read noteirak's post (see below), would someone please point me to a more in-depth thread on this forum for how to "roll back" (if that's the proper terminology) my VBox environment to an earlier version w/o losing information/functionality of installed software in the current environment?

Thanks.

NOT a systems/command like expert.
Host: Windows 7 64 bit
Guest: VBox 5.0.12/Windows 7 64 bit

1. Uninstall VirtualBox

Host: Windows 7 64bit w/ Win updates. VBox Guest Extension and Additions included.
Client: Windows 7 64bit w/ Win updates.

RAM: 8GBs total. 4Gb devoted to client.
HD: 900GB total. Min 400GB devoted to client and dynamic