Discuss the 5.0.10 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: Discuss the 5.0.10 release

Post by loukingjr »

Lim wrote: The only thing I have done in between is: SHUTING DOWN VB AND START IT AGAIN !!! :roll:
Lim.
Happy! :D
Glad it's working. I'm not sure what quitting VirtualBox and restarting it has to do with it. I never had to quit VirtualBox.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
ssawgift

Post by ssawgift »

I reported two minor issues with the old 5.0.8:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74113#p342956
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74113#p343094

I still have these two problems with 5.0.10.

My system is Windows 10. It seems recent versions (5.0.8 and 5.0.10) are causing a very weird network problem at user logon. The network shows connected to WiFi but no internet connections can be made. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get it back working. It only happens at user logon. One more interesting thing is that after power off my computer and next morning I power on it, I do not have this problem; but during the day if I reboot/reset or even cold reboot my computer, I will have this problem.

If I uninstall VB, then this problem is gone.

BTW, when will a new version be ready?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

ssawgift wrote:BTW, when will a new version be ready?
Friday... It always comes out on Fridays... ;)

No, seriously, they never announce it beforehand. Even if there is some movement in the Beta forums, they still tell us jack. Which is a good_thing™.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Giangi
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: XP, Seven, Win10

Post by Giangi »

Giangi wrote:As suggested by @mpack here I'm reposting a problem I have with NAT on Win7 32bit with Forefront TMG client installed...

NAT isn't working anymore. I'm primarily using VB on a network which has Microsoft Forefront TMG as proxy/firewall (it's actually in the process to be replaced, probably by first months of 2016).
Just in case someone else maybe interested, I have solved with a trick: installed cNTLM on the host and configured the guest with NAT to use it as a proxy. It works.