I ask, how to customize the CPU? Instead of displaying the c

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
wangpingping

I ask, how to customize the CPU? Instead of displaying the c

Post by wangpingping »

这是通过谷歌翻译的内容,请大家帮个忙,我目前编译的VBOX源码是4.3.12,里面的DIM信息可以更改,唯独CPU信息无法变更,
我也看到源码中有一些CPU定义文件,请问我如何更改VOBX系统默认使用主机的CPU,改成我所需要的CPU信息。我不知道有人能看得懂不,

我来自中国,对于英语水平有限的我想深入研究VOBX的源码很难,希望有人能看懂,并且帮助我,对此我表示由衷的感谢!

This is done through Google translated content, please help me, I am currently compiling VBOX source is 4.3.12, which can change the DIM information, the information can not be changed except the CPU,
I also saw some of the source code CPU definition file, how do I change the system default VOBX host CPU, CPU into the information I need. I do not know if someone is not able to be able to understand,

I come from China, for limited English proficiency VOBX I think in-depth study of the source code is difficult, I hope someone can understand, and help me, for which I express my sincere thanks!
yshejia

Re: I ask, how to customize the CPU? Instead of displaying t

Post by yshejia »

你好,在国外的论坛上找到熟悉的中文,实感荣幸。关于修改CPU信息,我已经会了,这个不需要在源码里面更改。我编译的版本也是4.3.12,但编译后还是会有一些错误,但没有办法,这东西很难,国内研究这个的人实在太少,没有交流就没有进步。如果我的消息能有幸被中国的朋友看到,请加了我QQ79960824,我们一起交流这方面的经验。
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

See "VBoxManage list hostcpuids" to report information about the host CPU, and "VBoxManage modifyvm --cpuid" to modify how the guest sees it. Note that the latter information is quite complex, you will of course need a data sheet or user manual for the processor.

Also bear in mind that if you deliberately cause the guest Operating System to misidentify the CPU then this could have unfortunate side effects.
frankluo

Post by frankluo »

很有幸能在这里看到自己的同胞,同在研究VBOX源码的菜鸟一枚,QQ:731250