Call for testers: AltGr on Windows hosts

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Call for testers: AltGr on Windows hosts

Post by michael »

Passing the AltGr key through from Windows hosts to virtual machines has always been somewhat problematic. I have been working on this and hope that it is now solved in VirtualBox. This is a call for people to test a build containing the fix to be sure that it hasn't broken anything for anyone. Basically testing involves checking that keyboard input to virtual machines (particularly left control right alt/AltGr) works as usual after installing the test build<1>, and that selecting key combinations in the host combination editor works too, for combinations
involving left control and right alt/AltGr and others. I am interested in testing for host layouts with and without AltGr, different versions of Windows, and of course different host set-ups with different sets of installed software, as some of the problem cases in the past have been where some other piece of software interfered with our keyboard handling.

Thank you!

Regards,

Michael

<1> https://www.virtualbox.org/download/tes ... 00-Win.exe
BrianG61UK
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, DOS, Linux

Re: Call for testers: AltGr on Windows hosts

Post by BrianG61UK »

Well I only have a UK keyboard so all AltGr does it let me type the euro symbol with AltGr-4 but that works fine in my 32 bit Windows XP, 32 bit Windows 7, 32 bit Linux Mint and 64 bit Windows 10 TP virtual machines. I'm running VirtualBox 4.3.19-96825-Win.exe running on 64 bit Windows 7. I don't know if that's any real help to you or not.
michael
Oracle Corporation

Post by michael »

All testing is good - thanks!
ric_vbox

Post by ric_vbox »

I ve got a "You must be a member for 1 days and have 1 posts before you can post urls." message so i cannot post the link, but you can see my previous post about AltGr key broken on 4.3.28. Any way to get rid of this ?

Ric