Building and using Virtualbox Win8.1 x64

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
boofter

Building and using Virtualbox Win8.1 x64

Post by boofter »

Hi,

I've managed to successfully build Virtualbox 4.3.26 on win8.1 x64. I'm now trying to run it, and I'm getting the error:

Code: Select all

WinVerifyTrust Failed on stub executable: WinVerifyTrust failed with hrc=Unknown STatus 0x800B0109 on \Device\HarddiskVolume2\share\debug\bin\Virtualbox.exe' (rc = -22919)

Please try reinstalling Virtualbox.
when I try and run Virtualbox.exe. I get an almost idential error running VBoxSDL.exe (Same error code, slightly different wording)

As far as I can tell I have installed the certificate (and checked its present using certmgr) as per the x64 build instructions, and test signing is on (and I have rebooted).

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
mhanor
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: various

Re: Building and using Virtualbox Win8.1 x64

Post by mhanor »

Have you checked if the Virtualbox.exe file is actually signed?
boofter

Re: Building and using Virtualbox Win8.1 x64

Post by boofter »

I checked and the file is definitely signed; however your reply lead me to a solution.

I whilst checking the digital signature it seemed that the signing cert wasn't a trusted CA. I'd gone through the cert manager steps multiple times so I'm not sure how that happened, but I manually added it to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store and it now runs!

I'm not quite there yet, (I now have a QT error to deal with) but I feel like I'm getting closer to having a working self-built Virtualbox to hack around with.

Thanks for your help!