No Pressure from usb Tablet

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
num_lock_key

No Pressure from usb Tablet

Post by num_lock_key »

Anyone here know how to get tablet pressure sensetivity working a virtual machine? It works fine on the host but is treated as a mouse on the VM. I don't mind locking it to a VM, as long as it is easy enough to unlock so I can use it again on the host when I shut the VM down or something. I read online that there is something called a filter, but I am not sure how to do this.

Host: Ubuntu 12.04lts
VM1: Linux Mint 13
VM2: WinXP
Tablet: Genius MousePen 8x6
VirtualBox OSE: 4.1.12_Ubuntu-r77245

Thanks for your time and help!
num_lock_key

Re: No Pressure from usb Tablet

Post by num_lock_key »

Solved:
  • Install the extention for specific version of virtualbox.
  • Add your (host) username as member of group "vboxusers"
  • Add a filter for the tablet. For me it was done by selecting the VM in the launcher on the host, going to Machine->settings->USB.
  • The cursor may not work properly if the virtualbox os addons are installed on the VM. If this is the case, simply turn off mouse integration.
vale

Post by vale »

I'm having the same problem.

The thing is, I have the extension pack installed and everything, I ticked on "Enable USB 2.0 driver" and I clicked on "add a new filter". Now what? Is there anything else I should do? If I just launch Windows, it still doesn't recognize the tablet as such. And when I try to go to "tablet preferences", it tells me there is no supported tablet on the system, as it did before...

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT*

I could solve this issue by following the instructions in this thread and in this other: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61988
Last edited by vale on 18. Mar 2015, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Your virtual machine runs on virtual hardware (as in it doesn't mimic/copy your exact hardware). That's all...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.