Build & Install the VirtualBox for Yosemite

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: Build & Install the VirtualBox for Yosemite

Post by loukingjr »

wonsange wrote:I found these informations about my error.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2667 ... emite10-10
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/issues/31164

After I run the "nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1" and reboot, my virtualbox install successfully.

How can I sign the kext of my VirtualBox?
To be blunt, you've now asked the same question three times. The information you need is in the links you posted yourself. Your question however is a Mac OSX question, not a VirtualBox question. You need to ask, if you don't understand the links you posted, either in the Apple Support Communities or the Apple Developer forum.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

loukingjr wrote:You could always leave them set to allow apps from anywhere then you wouldn't have to fuss with them.
Actually Louis, you're not right on this one. This issue involves signed kexts which are specifically disallowed in 10.10 (you'd only get a warning in the console in 10.9). So @wonsange, you either have to have the kext-dev-mode=1, as you correctly pointed out, or you have to be a developer with signing capabilities ($$). As someone pointed out, Apple's position is:
Apple wrote:KEXT signing is intended for signing commercially shipping kexts or projects broadly distributed in a large organization.
@wonsange, I still don't understand the need to have your own build. But, couldn't you "extract" the signed kexts from the official build (which are signed) and replace your own with the official ones? Just a thought...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Post by loukingjr »

socratis wrote:
loukingjr wrote:You could always leave them set to allow apps from anywhere then you wouldn't have to fuss with them.
Actually Louis, you're not right on this one. This issue involves signed kexts which are specifically disallowed in 10.10 (you'd only get a warning in the console in 10.9).
I found that out after I posted it but was too lazy to fix it. my bad. :)
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.