const HRESULT VBOX_E_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE = 0x80BB0007

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
heavenly Seven

const HRESULT VBOX_E_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE = 0x80BB0007

Post by heavenly Seven »

Dear Sir,

Hope you may find this post well, I created two Solaris 10 VM's sucessfully on host windows7 64bit Operating System. and was playing well. suddenly i faced the error below
Result Code:
VBOX_E_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE (0x80BB0007)
Component:
ProgressProxy
Interface:
IProgress {c20238e4-3221-4d3f-8891-81ce92d9f913}

Cause & Action
=============
Above error came after creating two virtual hard disk and attached to both virtual machines(sunclus3 & sunclus4) and restarting both vm's........I see that i can only start one machine at a time and in attempt to start two.......its throwing above error.

Kindly please provide your support and help.

BR,
Heavenly Seven
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: const HRESULT VBOX_E_INVALID_OBJECT_STATE = 0x80BB0007

Post by socratis »

heavenly Seven wrote:Above error came after creating two virtual hard disk and attached to both virtual machines
First of all, this should be in the Solaris Guests forum, not in the Hosts (you say that your host is Windows7).

Second, it seems that you are attaching two hard drives to two different computers at the same time. In real life it's not possible. In virtual life it's giving you an error message. That is what I would expect to happen. What are you trying to do? Share files between the two guests?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Moved to Solaris guests
heavenly Seven

Post by heavenly Seven »

Dear Sir,

I am trying to share those hard drives among two virtual Machines (sunclus3 and sunclus4). these two hard disks will be acting like a SAN. I want to experiment with Oracle Sun Cluster, Oracle RAC and ASM/ACFS in VirtualBox environments,so i want to create drives that can be read and written to by these two VMs concurrently.

I came across this website debu. debu. debu.oracledistilled dot com slashvirtualbox slash creating-shared-drives-in-oracle-vm-virtualbox..........In this Eric Jenkinson demonstrated how virtual hard disks can be shared.

Solution
---------
After creating virtual hard disks modify it to "shareable" and then attach to virtual Machines.

Thanks everyone for their contribution.
Grcd

Post by Grcd »

Try to delete the last snapshot.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

? Snapshots were not mentioned in the above discussion, and also don't seem to me to be relevant. The discussion above is about two or more VMs sharing a virtual disk, plus of course the conversation is 10 months old.