Virtualbox an debugger according to Ubisoft

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Baarhisveiki

Virtualbox an debugger according to Ubisoft

Post by Baarhisveiki »

Hi,

I got ubuntu as a host and windows xp as guest on Virtualbox. Some apps cant be missed and cant be opened on the host even with wine and the like. So Xp on the virtual box. Now i good this silly little sim for my 4 year old daughter (petz 5) she likes to play with. So before i go out and buy her a decent pc she can play and learn windows (thank u very much public school!!) i say to myself hey lets her have her Petz on xp on virtual disc.
Didnt work, all though i had vista on the virtual disc before and it worked fine there... .
I say oke, i ll buy her a "little" pc for all her girlielike stuff.

Now, being at home and being bored i wanna play IL 2 forgotten battles, but not being sure if virtualbox can handle it (no 3d), i install it on xp in the "box".

Installing goes ok 'some minor glitches' but on launching i get the same error as with my girls game

"debugger, blablabla, unload the debugger....

After some intensive websurfing i understand its the antipiracy feature of Ubisoft (both games are theirs) that thinks its in "illegal environment" and simply quits.

K. I understand that (dont agree) but understand.
Found two sollutions on the net => actually use a crack on the game (oooké, but i dont feel like it since i bought those games)
or=> or discart the "name" of the virtual disc"drive or something like that.
Now since the game's disc is in the drive (for real) and the only virtual disc i can see is the isofile i made of windowsxp which is loaded by virtualbox. I loaded it as iso to get my cdrom free just for being able to play.
So i can put my actual windowxp cdrom in my real drive an burn an iso of the game and lauch that with daemon. but i guess that will get me the same error.
So beside the crack u got any suggestions how i can configure virtual box to get passed this evil thing named ubisoft narrowmindness. They claim its all in their legal agreement but that does NOT state i cant use a virtual drive containing my OS (as oppossed to a virtual mounted iso file of their game, wich off course "could" mean piracy). I hear their are allready in a lawsuit so ill leave them. But i would be grateful if u can help me out. Including sponsoring a new pc for my little prinses lol.
:roll: