Installed Guest Ext - Performance now slow!

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
yokoyvonne
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Solaris 11, Solaris 10, Ubuntu

Installed Guest Ext - Performance now slow!

Post by yokoyvonne »

Hi,

I installed the guest extentions to Virtualbox running a solaris 11.1 guest. Host system is Windows 7 Professional. All was working fine before the extention pack, but then I realized I needed the ability to copy/paste from host to guest and back and could not so I installed the extentions. Virtual box starts up quickly. Now it takes over 10 minutes to start up the guest another 10 for Gnome desktop to arrive and once I log in and try to click on just a terminal window it takes 15 minutes for a window to display. I'm using a bridged network setting. Any idea why it's dog slow now? For me it's unusable. :shock:
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Installed Guest Ext - Performance now slow!

Post by Perryg »

Solaris is not a Windows guest. Moving to Solaris guest.

What you describe is usually a failed install or corrupt install. Remove the guest additions and see if the boot time is proper. Then try installing the guest additions again and watch the terminal window for errors.
yokoyvonne
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Solaris 11, Solaris 10, Ubuntu

Re: Installed Guest Ext - Performance now slow!

Post by yokoyvonne »

I'm sorry for the confusion. Let me restate.
Hi,

I installed the guest extentions to Virtualbox running on a Windows 7 Professional host. I have installed a Solaris 11.1 VM. All was working fine before the extention pack, but then I realized I needed the ability to copy/paste from host to guest and back and could not so I installed the extentions. Virtual box starts up quickly. Now it takes over 10 minutes to start up the guest another 10 for Gnome desktop to arrive and once I log in and try to click on just a terminal window it takes 15 minutes for a window to display. I'm using a bridged network setting. Any idea why it's dog slow now? For me it's unusable. :shock: