I have to reinstall virtualbox each time I restart my macboo

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
wolly

I have to reinstall virtualbox each time I restart my macboo

Post by wolly »

OsX 10.5.4 VirtualBox 1.6.2
Each time I restart my macbook I receive this error :

The VirtualBox support driver which is running is from a different version of VirtualBox. You can correct this by stopping all running instances of VirtualBox and reinstalling the software..
VBox status code: -1912 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH).

Codice&nbspd'uscita:
0x80004005
Componente:
Console
Interfaccia:
IConsole {d5a1cbda-f5d7-4824-9afe-d640c94c7dcf}

thanx in advance
ciao
wolly
m@riposa
Volunteer

Post by m@riposa »

Probably you had installed an older beta version of VirtualBox that you updated to the current version. Therefore, a StartupItem still exists that loads the old kernel extension each time you restart your Mac.

Unfortunateley I don't know where it exactly is. But I guess it is /System/Library/StartupItems.

So I recommend to delete everything in this folder that belongs to VirtualBox. This should apply to two items.
After reinstalling VirtualBox once more the problem shouldn't occur any more. If it is not fixed (which seems unlikely though), try the same thing for /Library/StartupItems.
wolly

problem solved

Post by wolly »

Thanx a lot, I solved the problem.
I didn't find anything here /System/Library/StartupItems but i find two items here :
/Library/StartupItems
One it was named virtualbox driver and it was dated february 2008 and the other was virtualbox with the correct date.
I deleted the two items and reinstalled virtualbox and now it works everything fine.
Thanx a lot for yours help.
ciao
wolly