ExtPacks/VNC binary build

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
psini

ExtPacks/VNC binary build

Post by psini »

I noticed that support for VNC trought VRDE extesion pack is now in the trunk but i can't find a binary build of ExtPacks/VNC to enable VirtulBox use VNC instead of RDE .
Someone can help me?
Thanks.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: ExtPacks/VNC binary build

Post by Perryg »

You build this extension pack yourself.
Add VBOX_WITH_EXTPACK_VNC := 1 to your LocalConfig.kmk

The binary should be included in the 4.2.* release.
telligent
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
Guest OSses: centos 5.x

Post by telligent »

It appears that you also need to manually install the extension pack after including it in the build.

If you don't, you get the error below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
root@server:~# VBoxManage setproperty vrdeextpack VNC
VBoxManage: error: No extension pack by the name 'VNC' was found
VBoxManage: error: Details: code VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001), component ExtPackManager, interface IExtPackManager, callee nsISupports
VBoxManage: error: Context: "COMSETTER(DefaultVRDEExtPack)(Bstr(a->argv[1]).raw())" at line 854 of file VBoxManageMisc.cpp
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To manually install the extension pack, run:
VBoxManage extpack install (put build dir here)/VirtualBox-4.2.0/out/linux.x86/release/packages/VNC-4.2.0_OSEr43316.vbox-extpack

Perryg: Can you please add this information to: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=50085
gta3user

Post by gta3user »

telligent wrote:To manually install the extension pack, run:VBoxManage extpack install (put build dir here)/VirtualBox-4.2.0/out/linux.x86/release/packages/VNC-4.2.0_OSEr43316.vbox-extpack
I built VirtualBox-4.2.0

Code: Select all

./configure --with-gcc=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc --with-g++=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ --disable-kmods --disable-dbus --disable-alsa --disable-opengl --disable-pulse --disable-python --enable-webservice --enable-vnc --disable-docs --build-headless --disable-opengl
and have not "packages" dir in VirtualBox-4.2.0/out/linux.x86/release/

SO where i can download VNC extpack if it wasn't builded?

Code: Select all

VirtualBox-4.2.0 # VBoxManage setproperty vrdeextpack VNC
VBoxManage: error: No extension pack by the name 'VNC' was found
VBoxManage: error: Details: code VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001), component ExtPackManager, interface IExtPackManager, callee nsISupports
VBoxManage: error: Context: "COMSETTER(DefaultVRDEExtPack)(Bstr(a->argv[1]).raw())" at line 854 of file VBoxManageMisc.cpp
Y E T I
Primary OS: Other
Guest OSses: ?

Post by Y E T I »

If you added the build instruction to your LocalConfig.kmk you will find the install binary it /trunk/out/linux.amd64/release/packages/
zdinu

Post by zdinu »

Hi,

I want to build the VNC extension pack for Solaris. How do I get the extpack file built and ready to be used with VBoxManage extpack install command ?

Do you happen to have it already compiled for Solaris so I can do a quick test ?

Thank you !
Dinu