Kernel fail on Mavericks OS

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
ajmaq

Kernel fail on Mavericks OS

Post by ajmaq »

Hi, I was a little bit aventurous today, I download and install the OS 10.9 Mavericks, right after I update my VirtualBox to 4.3 and now my virtual machines stop working... I got a message:
"Kernerl drive not installed (rc=-1908)
I need to work on those machines, I try to make a new Virtual Machine but i got the same Error message.

Please i need help!!
ajmaq

Re: Kernel fail on Mavericks OS

Post by ajmaq »

Fixxed!... I re-Install Virtual Box and is working fine... Actually i feel is working faster and better!
peter59

Post by peter59 »

same issue. VB not closing properly. forced closing doesn't work. after hard reset, kernel error. reinstallation works well to start virtual machine but closing issue repeats. OS X 10.9 host, VB 4.3.0 and win xp virtual machine
rpmurray
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 7, Mac OS X (various flavors)

Post by rpmurray »

Not the same issue. The OP was seeing a specific application error when starting up a VM because the user privileges were changed by the installation of a OS upgrade.

You are seeing a kernel error that occurs when you force reset the host after you attempt to close a VM, and you haven't upgraded your OS. Have you checked the VB log file to see if there are maybe any clues in there that might help explain what is going on?
peter59

Post by peter59 »

OS upgraded to Mav. I didn't check logs. VM reinstall was the easiest way to solve the problem. More later.
neorf
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Post by neorf »

same issue. VB not closing properly. forced closing doesn't work. after hard reset, kernel error. reinstallation works well to start virtual machine but closing issue repeats. OS X 10.9 host, VB 4.3.0 and win xp virtual machine
Same... with OS X 10.9 host, VB 4.3.0 and Mandriva virtual machine...
neorf
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Post by neorf »

Update... strange, very strange but...
i've tried to uninstall vm then i've fixed permission with disk utility...
then rebooted and i'had the same issue when i try to "shut down the virtual machine"... i try just to "save the state" now it seems to work...
ajmaq

Post by ajmaq »

Im running 2 Windows server R2 2008... There is 2 issues:

1- After rebooting my mac i need to reinstall VB to make it work... even already run DiskUtility fixing my permissions on my HD.
2- Sometimes working on the virtual machines they just close by themselves, and go on save status (I guess is something with the App nap of Maveriks)

I installed a virtual machine win server 2008 R2 , brand new, I will check if it have the same problem after installing on Mavericks... something is weird, I can guess this machine will not have trouble to work.
ajmaq

Post by ajmaq »

Ok, I installed 2 new servers on VB, on Mavericks... result... after installation I save states on both of them, reboot my computer and open VB... i try to open the machines and i got error.
Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Nothing to do with this, until Oracle fix the problem.
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

ajmaq

Post by ajmaq »

No Idea, But It totally crash this morning, I lost all my virtual machines and my patience. :evil:
ajmaq

Post by ajmaq »

I lost all the machines , I can't try the script to see if it works on Mavericks... I will wait for a new update.
JosephWit

Post by JosephWit »

I am getting the same Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) error with VB 4.3 on Mavericks. Have to Force-Quit. Reinstalling VB fixes temporarily. Will this be fixed??
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

When Virtualbox was installed, how was Security set up?

Allow applications downloaded from Anywhere

Until VirtualBox is updated, on Mavericks it wont work otherwise
JosephWit

Post by JosephWit »

Uninstalled VB with the tool, set security to allow apps from anywhere. Reinstalled. Did not get error message about Kernal being unsigned this time. So far, works! Makes sense, but since it worked the first time despite the installation warning, wouldn't have thought it was a problem.