W2K Guest and Activesync

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

*gg* in english, as you wish ;)

well i use an ETEN Glofiish X800 with WM6, and no matter how often I restart the ppc, windows xp gives me the error "Eingeschränkte Verbindung" on the network interface to the ppc.. i also removed the security code of my ppc because i wondered if maybe the problem was securityrelated, but nothing changed.
linuxmake

Post by linuxmake »

Did you try it with a "real" XP? Is it the same with that? Are all the latest updates installed on XP?
Best Regard

Ulli

Ubuntu 7.10, XP Guest
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

yes - on a real xp it works flawlessly

and yes all updates are installed..
linuxmake

Post by linuxmake »

Sounds strange to me. The only thing I would take into consideration is to check the XP firewall. Is it the same with disabled firewall? If so, i haven't got any other idea.
Best Regard

Ulli

Ubuntu 7.10, XP Guest
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

i would like to post something i've done to make it work, but i didnt change anything, i just tried it again after some weeks (only to charge my ppc) and there was the connection - maybe some update (new kernel) that was done in the meantime made the difference...

i only hope that this connection i have right now between my winxp guest of ubuntu 7.10 and my windows mobile 6 device (eten glofiish x800) isnt a one time thing and will continue to work
smurphy

Post by smurphy »

I solved the synchronisation Problem with my Bluetooth dongel.
You can activate a unbindet Comport in virtualbox (Com3) Then you install the Dongel in the XP-Guestsystem and use the Comport for the Communication.

After adding the Comport and binding the Partnership between your WM Device and your Guestsystem, you can see the Activesync Service on your WM Device.

Activat it and you can Synchronise your WM.

Greetings
Smurphy
FenDanT

Post by FenDanT »

Hello :P

I think i have a solution for you...

At the launch of your favorite distro, you have to blacklist to different modules :
cdc_ether
rndis_host
It's only because they are used by your distro...

Here is a link for Ubuntu :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... smartphone

I'm using Archlinux, so i have to blacklist them in
/etc/rc.conf
Like that :
MOD_BLACKLIST=(cdc_ether rndis_host)
A restart and all is fine.

I tested it with both Virtualbox and Vmware... With a HTC Touch Cruise...

May be there's something more elegant to do by the devs at Virtualbox, but from now on it's the only solution i found...

Hope it helps... :lol:

ps : thanks to Ocenis64 who has find the solution in the lpln irc channel 8)
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

and thanks for you for posting it here so i got to know the solution too :)

BIIIG THANKZ :)
mk110

Post by mk110 »

Hi,

i tired to it like in the screenshot above...but in the settings i didn't have the "usb" section?

what is wrong there?

Host: ubuntu 7.10
guest: winXP SP2

thx

EDIT:

i did this instruction
http://doc.gwos.org/doku.php/doc:office ... sb_devices

but there is no usb-section yet.

is that a general usb-problem or depends it on my guest-system?
kaefert

Post by kaefert »

mk110 wrote: in the settings i didn't have the "usb" section?
that is because you probably only have the open source edition of virtualbox, try the full one from www.virtualbox.org
wordchisler

Post by wordchisler »

linuxmake wrote:I installed WinXP, then Outlook 2002 (it was shipped with my HTC device) and afterwards I put ActiveSync into my Virtiual Box. That's it.

It works well but only with USB 1.1. With USB 2 support enabled there is no synchronizing possible.
Thank you. This worked for me.
ZeroBit

Post by ZeroBit »

I can't Start ActiveSync properly with Fujitsu-Siemens N560 Using USB 1.1 and swith from RNDIS mode for ActiveSync to Serial mode does not work. One good thing I can use OpenSync in my Ubuntu 64 bit OS, but Windos Guest although sees N560 and ActiveSync is Starting but does not establish any partnership.