Spanish subforum

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
JoseDomingo
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: W98SE , WXPpro, W7, Ubuntu

Spanish subforum

Post by JoseDomingo »

I would like a spanish subforum .

Thanks

:roll:
Festor

Post by Festor »

I agree. It is not fair that the Germans have a forum in their language and others do not have. The Hispanic community is very big.
Festor

Post by Festor »

hello? :(
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Im from Germany. But i think its not good to have a section for every language. So the search function is not usable.

Post in english. I can this, too.

Its not perfect, but i think, understandable.
Festor

Post by Festor »

Forgive ... but phpBB allows searches by forums and.. more ...
But i think its not good to have a section for every language. So the search function is not usable.
Does not the forum German knocked out the search function? It is not fair to allow extra one language and no more. The Spanish is spoken in both Spain and many countries in South America. It is one of the languages, with more speakers in the world

In addition, for example, the word "operating system" is not written same in Spanish as in English, French or German.
hege

Post by hege »

VirtualBox developers are mainly from Germany. They can answer in English and German.

How do you think they can help with Spanish questions? You are free to create your own forum. VirtualBox has no obligation of being a "forum hoster" when it has no general benefit.
Festor

Post by Festor »

VirtualBox has no obligation of being a "forum hoster" when it has no general benefit.
Most of the problem with VirtualBox not require technical knowledge. Many users do not know how to configure your VirtualBox or solve problems with timely updates.

"no general benefit", I do not think the same...

When a user fails to fix a problem with a program it is likely that users stop using the program. A forum with people in their own language solves many problems.

More users leads to more people using VirtualBox which impacts on the number of reported errors in an increase in the amount of documentation available (in various languages) and finally the program was more widespread.
cornbread

oh yeah...

Post by cornbread »

Well I want one in italian and in greek. Oh yeah while you're at it make one in arabic. :idea:
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Yes, and for Germany i want 4 dialectic subforums:

sächsisch, schwäbisch, bayerisch, deutsch :)
Hans Eberhardt
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: MS Windows XP

Post by Hans Eberhardt »

Stefan, you forgot the frankonian (fränkisch) forum.
srobot

Post by srobot »

English is the most used language on the internet and the most used by coders.

Even Linus Torvalds documents his code in English (he's from Finland).
Phobos
Volunteer

Post by Phobos »

that being said, I think it was a fair request... after all, it's true that not everybody can communicate on english or german... so, stop with the sarcasm already

JoseDomingo, Festor, I recommend you to make a spanish virtualbox forum yourselves somewhere else... you might even want to ask at Sun's hispanic community for help

(http://opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=174
http://opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=55)