Seamless mode is not working

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
bigjl

Seamless mode is not working

Post by bigjl »

When I hit "Ctrl + L" or select "seamless mode" from the menu. Ubuntu covered the whole screen and blocked the desktop of my windows 7.
I have attached a screen shot for it.
Any one has the same problem?
Any idea of solving this problem?
Thanks.
Attachments
screen shot
screen shot
ss.jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 4596 times
Mods

Re: Seamless mode is not working

Post by Mods »

Im having the same problem, I just came to post now.. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it :/
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Using Compiz in seamless mode is a know issue and has not been resolved. Launch the Ubuntu guest in Unity 2D instead and see if that works.
bigjl

Post by bigjl »

Perryg wrote:Using Compiz in seamless mode is a know issue and has not been resolved. Launch the Ubuntu guest in Unity 2D instead and see if that works.
Thanks for your reply. Did you mean that to select "2D" on the login screen?
If yes, I tried but didn't work. :(
Thanks.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Then this should be reported to bugtracker. If you have not signed on to Bugtracker before you will need to select a new Nickname to be able to report issues.
It would also help if you can post the ticket number here so other can see the progress, add information, or see the final results.
bigjl

Post by bigjl »

Perryg wrote:Then this should be reported to bugtracker. If you have not signed on to Bugtracker before you will need to select a new Nickname to be able to report issues.
It would also help if you can post the ticket number here so other can see the progress, add information, or see the final results.
Thanks Perryg.
I have reported this and you can find the update at https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/10579
Thanks.
bohemier
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: windows, ubuntu

Post by bohemier »

I have the same problem here, with an OSX 10.8 host, Ubuntu guest, on a dusl screen setup. When activating the seamless mode, the guest goes full screen on one of the monitors instead...