Instalation for Mandriva 2011

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
jza

Instalation for Mandriva 2011

Post by jza »

Hi I want to install virtualbox for mandriva 2011 but the latest package is only for 2010.1. I tried that one but it ask me for libssl0.9 and the current is libssl1.0 so I wonder if its possible to have a package for the latest mandriva and if I need to open an enhacement/task issue on the issue tracker for VB.

Regards
Attachments
Error message
Error message
vboxinstall.png (17.53 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
lovefreedomvb
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: xp

Re: Instalation for Mandriva 2011

Post by lovefreedomvb »

i also face the same problem below:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

There are 2 possibilities:

1) Use the generic version from vbox Homepage.

2) Something tricky:

Try installing on commandline: "rpm -U Virtual*rpm --nodeps".
Start it in a Terminal (xterm or something like that) with "VirtualBox". If there is an error like "libssl file not found", then create a symbolic link (for example "ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.. /usr/lib/libssl.."). The first file is a existing file on your JD, the second is the file from the VBOX error.
jza

Post by jza »

My issue here is, if mandriva is one of the supported distros, why hasn't there been any build for it. The distro has been out for one month now, and I wonder how dificult is to have a build for it from the VBox guys.

Also AFAIK VBox has a proprietary version which works better with USB (something I need) and i would rather use that one.

I did use the Virtualbox from the HP targeted for Mandriva 2010.1 and got that message. I will try the --no-deps and see if I have any success.
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

There are too much linux distros available. Thats a problem from the community and not from vbox.
jza

Post by jza »

Sure but as opposed to Slackware, Gentoo, and others, those are not supported or on the Vbox website.

Mandriva is, and I think it should be updated within a normal period of time (take it a week or 2 after released).

So far I saw that the issue was raised almost a month ago, and there hasn't still been a package provided by the VBox people.