Stop automount of Solaris additions virtual CD

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
rasta
Volunteer

Stop automount of Solaris additions virtual CD

Post by rasta »

For many Vbox builds, every time I start and login to my Solaris 10 u8 x64 guest, the Solaris guest additions virtual CD-ROM is mounted and visible on the desktop. How can I get it to NOT mount automatically? I want it to mount only when I choose "Devices/Install guest additions" from the menu bar. Win7 x64 host.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Stop automount of Solaris additions virtual CD

Post by Perryg »

Click on the devices tab, then the CD/DVD devices and click on remove from virtual drive.
rasta
Volunteer

Post by rasta »

Thank you, Perryg. That worked, but I keep getting 2 VBoxGuestAdditions.iso entries in the virtual media manager (VMM), one with dos-like "~" symbols in the file path, the other without. The one without the ~ can be removed from the VMM, the other cannot. Is this normal?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Yes and no. I guess the extra one was due to leaving it mounted in the guest. I have seen this a long time ago and simply released/removed the extra one.
rasta
Volunteer

Post by rasta »

I had always right-clicked on the desktop icon for the additions and selected eject, but that does not unmount the vcd from the virtual drive. I'll always use your method to unmount the cds from now on.