Proposition: Host+R, Host+F, Machine -> Reset, and Warnings

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
aaaarrrrrgghhhh
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows,Ubuntu

Proposition: Host+R, Host+F, Machine -> Reset, and Warnings

Post by aaaarrrrrgghhhh »

Minor suggestion:

I frequently use a number of guests for a variety of goals. Some, I might reboot frequently, others I might intend to use for dedicated work and might need to occasionally. However, the shortcuts for these keys are dangerously close in the typical QWERTY layout. Luckily, there's a warning that appears if you erroneously happen to press reboot when all you wanted to do was open the guest in full-screen - unless you have disactivated the warning because it's more of an obstacle than a benefit when you need to reboot other guests multiple times.

My suggestion is this: Can Host+R only reboot when pressed twice, be allocated to a key at least two key distances from any other frequently used Host+key shortcut, or have its shortcut be defined separately? Simple solutions for those of use who have stubby fingers, and no screaming involved.
sandervl
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, Solaris

Re: Proposition: Host+R, Host+F, Machine -> Reset, and Warnings

Post by sandervl »

What's wrong with simply reassigning the host key to something you wouldn't press by accident?
aaaarrrrrgghhhh
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows,Ubuntu

Post by aaaarrrrrgghhhh »

The thing is I want to press the Host key, I want to press the Host key and then the F key so I can overcome any hinderance from any host OS interface artifacts when I'm dealing with the guest, and the problem occurs when the R key gets in the way but I've disabled warnings because I may be (for example) trying a series of Live CD ISOs on another guest and need to reboot them like a maniac.

Another solution would be to improve my finger dexterity, but my stubby fingers are obstinant.
dsjstc
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: windows

Post by dsjstc »

Subscribe to the following enhancement:

http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/8587